Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quite the doubled standard

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 03:00 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 548 Likes on 445 Posts

Looks like he's busy again promoting his junk today. Look under: Next step 4 channel amp

Old 10-08-2017, 06:35 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

IDK.......I think the forum & it's members would benefit most from differing opinions and allowing all venders to share their products without prejudice.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:37 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Well apparently JM John went above the mods (Izzo for example) and "got down on his knees" to beg to come back and got his way. So if you start a thread about an amp or speakers etc and J&M sells them, he can chime in and spew about his products with links without fault.

The following users liked this post:
lyork (10-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,594 Likes on 3,245 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
IDK.......I think the forum & it's members would benefit most from differing opinions and allowing all venders to share their products without prejudice.
Joe, I agree with you. I think members would benefit from differing options without prejudice. Unfortunately, at the present there is not a level playing field. All vendors don't get to interject their opinions or products whenever they can.

I've witnessed a vendor here get shot down for reviewing specs and performance on various products. This vendor also got shot down for giving technical advice. During this, he never posted a link to any of his products or website. Basically, the vendors have to get requested to provide info for it to follow protocol. It would appear, that's not the case with all vendors though.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:30 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Joe, I agree with you. I think members would benefit from differing options without prejudice. Unfortunately, at the present there is not a level playing field. All vendors don't get to interject their opinions or products whenever they can.

I've witnessed a vendor here get shot down for reviewing specs and performance on various products. This vendor also got shot down for giving technical advice. During this, he never posted a link to any of his products or website. Basically, the vendors have to get requested to provide info for it to follow protocol. It would appear, that's not the case with all vendors though.
but in JM link recently posted, claiming his 5.25 are the largest replacement speakers for rear pods is blatantly wrong and false advertizing, along witj his claims om the most powerful amps

Old 10-08-2017, 07:48 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

For the record. I was proven wrong in my modding of Alex. That's old news. I'm not perfect and neither are any of you. I don't appreciate seeing you guys post that Alex is not allowed to do what he was doing. That is 100% false. Get it right. I'll take a whupping when it's coming to me, but when you keep coming after me even when I've been proven wrong, that's just being mean. I have done my best to keep things on an even keel in here. I helped you guys to get your own classified section. I've helped others here too whenever asked. I make one mistake and now I'm crap. Thanks a bunch. As I told the OP, there's nothing I can do in the present circumstance. My hands are tied by powers way above my pay grade. So cut me some damn slack. OK?

Old 10-08-2017, 07:52 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

And once again, here are the Vendor Rules. They have not been changed in years.

First off, below is what is given to vendors who are posting as to what goes and does no go in the tech sections. Its brief and pretty straightforward.
----------------------------------------------
Recently, there have been some questions as to what vendors can and cannot do as far as posting on the forum. We have always had rules, but these are the official written rules. We encourage vendors to visit the entire forum, commenting on off topic posts or giving a member some tech advice, but we do have some guidelines. These are subject to change without notice and special cases will be reviewed upon the administrator’s discretion.
Vendor Guidelines:
Signature rules:
Vendors ARE permitted and encouraged to have a signature picture and link to their business and/or include specials they may be running currently. We just ask that your signature fit within the rules of (INSERT FORUM SIG RULES HERE).
Posting rules:
Vendors ARE PERMITTED to post in any existing thread in any section on the forum. Whether the thread/section relates to your product or not, you are encouraged to post, you may only post solicitations in relevant threads however (i.e. where someone is asking about brake pads, you can discuss the brake pads you carry). You can comment about a big sporting event last night in Off Topic or answer a question relating to your product in technical sections… contribute to other pre-existing threads on the site.
Vendors ARE NOT PERMITTED to START advertising threads in any section not intended explicitly for advertising. The forum provides a vendor posting section in which you may start new threads about your products and you can use posts in existing threads and your signature to link to your threads in the vendor section.
Vendors ARE PERMITTED to start new threads in technical sections, but they MUST be technical oriented in nature and not direct solicitations.
An example of a few titles that are acceptable threads in tech sections:
a. How to install new brake pads.
b. How to change your oil
c. How to install new exhaust

An example of a few titles that are not acceptable threads in tech sections:
a. Hawk brake pads now on sale at stuffforsale.com
b. Come check out our sale prices on oil
c. New exhaust systems in stock!

I picked similar topics for those allowed and not allowed, to illustrate how you can take an advertising thread and make it into an allowable tech post. This way, your advertisements are helpful to members, do-it-yourself articles are generally very popular and they assist greatly in the promotion of your business. Such technical posts can include links to your site but no pricing. They have to provide some technical information to the members to belong in a technical section and they can link to any type of page to help your business but not allowing pricing prevents threads from turning into billboards. You can, however, post about your products and should someone ask about the price you can answer in a later post or PM the interested members.
---------------END GUIDELINES---------------

The items that need to be looked at (as I see them) are::
-vendors creating threads in the tech sections
-vendors running their own contests
-vendors constantly bumping threads, which I cant stand. the way that i see it, if NO ONE else is posting in a given thread, it is because no one cares about it...so it should be let to drop.
-vendor sticky threads (this is pretty much a thing of the past, but we will let the current threads stay as being grandfathered in)

Old 10-08-2017, 08:07 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
And once again, here are the Vendor Rules. They have not been changed in years.

First off, below is what is given to vendors who are posting as to what goes and does no go in the tech sections. Its brief and pretty straightforward.
----------------------------------------------

The items that need to be looked at (as I see them) are::
-vendors creating threads in the tech sections
-vendors running their own contests
-vendors constantly bumping threads, which I cant stand. the way that i see it, if NO ONE else is posting in a given thread, it is because no one cares about it...so it should be let to drop.
-vendor sticky threads (this is pretty much a thing of the past, but we will let the current threads stay as being grandfathered in)
So JM John just today bumped a month old thread where the OP had posted his solution already. JM John then proceeds to pump his product. Now this is EXACTLY what you just outlined above as "unacceptable". Hmmm...

We all know that not one of us are perfect. But you and most everyone here are well aware of what JM John does. The audio forum experienced the return of some very technical guys when he left. Now he's back to the same ole guy we all know from before. His SOLE purpose here is to pump his less than adequate products. I've dealt with him, and just as I choose to do, I would encourage all to ignore him and stay away from his products

Last edited by lyork; 10-08-2017 at 08:09 PM.
daveblank (10-09-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,594 Likes on 3,245 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
For the record. I was proven wrong in my modding of Alex. That's old news. I'm not perfect and neither are any of you. I don't appreciate seeing you guys post that Alex is not allowed to do what he was doing. That is 100% false. Get it right. I'll take a whupping when it's coming to me, but when you keep coming after me even when I've been proven wrong, that's just being mean. I have done my best to keep things on an even keel in here. I helped you guys to get your own classified section. I've helped others here too whenever asked. I make one mistake and now I'm crap. Thanks a bunch. As I told the OP, there's nothing I can do in the present circumstance. My hands are tied by powers way above my pay grade. So cut me some damn slack. OK?
Izzo... I know I'm nothing close to perfect. What I posted I saw happen, was the case. If that has now changed and vendors as a rule are allowed to do what Alex was doing, I was never in the know on that. If thats the case, please accept my apoligies. I can't say I'm never mean, but I try to not be that guy.

As far as you being crap, I don't think folks think that of you. I will say that whoever the powers that be, that allow a blatant abuse of our forum, would qualify for that. I say its our forum because without the members and fans of this forum, it wouldn't exist.

I still stand by my earlier comments about John being a post ***** to further his whoring of wares. That I will not apoligize for!! I spend time in several areas of this forum and I don't witness any other vendor being so blatant in their sales tactics. To some that may be a salesman, to me, a business owner it's a turn off. So much so, I would never buy from a business that does.

Thanks for clearing some of that up

lyork (10-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 08:21 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the owners of IB have tied the Mods hands and are letting JM John post when and wherever he damn well pleases plugging his crap every time he posts whether it's solicited or pertaining to his junk or not???

Last edited by SBates08; 10-08-2017 at 08:23 PM.