Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro audio installation question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 01:52 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Would totally agree. Imho, they key is to find the sound quality of the higher end Hertz like the MLK 165 or 1650 but a ton more efficient or loud.

The Mmats are a competition grade speaker (SPL) thus not build around the low mid bass freqs however is does seem to deliver better on the low end than most other SPL speakers, especially that Hertz 165 SV which is just damn harsh.

Go see Babyboy!!! He totally gets the target sound quality u are looking for.

T
😃😃😃 and tell babyboy you want your set up to be just a little bit better than his!!!

Old 10-03-2017, 02:47 PM
IIBADII
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Haha I have no issues with making it a competition. Little bit is good for the soul. Everyone's ears are different. I can't send any pm's, my lack of communication between members on this forum is a little absurd.

I have no issues modifying my bike for things to fit either. I paint for a living so custom fit isn't all too scary.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:45 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

I'll say this, I've had the Hertz MLK165.3 components on two different Diamond amps (4v2 and 800.2) and a Rockford TM400X2AD. I currently run a DD D4 amp with Mmats 601 and DD B3 super tweeters and wouldn't go back. With my setup i am going for SQL (sound quality that will also get loud), but I wouldn't suggest my current fairing setup as a stand alone; it needs more behind it. I'd go with DD AWs and a DD tweeter before i spend the money on the Hertz MLK components again.

Now you mention 8" lids and us Rushmore guys are fairly limited (enough that I'd almost put older style bags on my bike). 2 options really: Voodoo lids for JL M880s that can also house an 8" speaker and the Twisted 8s that obviously house an 8"and super tweeter. I would suggest listening to a bike with 880s in the lids for comparisons sake. I know DA Performance does excellent work, but there are other options than the Hertz Show series. All depends on your end goal and what all you're willing to do as far as speaker placement.

In the end all that matters is you end up with something that is pleasing to your ear and makes you happy. Lots of guys on here that might be near you that'll meet up and have you hear their setup.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:01 PM
IIBADII
Cruiser

Thanks for the input. It seems the Mmats and b3s are the way to go. I'm worried that if I do go and throw 8s in the lid it will drown the MMATS out. The twisted 8 lid is better of the 2, that voodoo lid is horrendous. I've been seriously considering getting a knock off twisted 8 and modifying it to my liking, I don't see a point of having the bullet behind me.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:01 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by IIBADII
Thanks for the input. It seems the Mmats and b3s are the way to go. I'm worried that if I do go and throw 8s in the lid it will drown the MMATS out. The twisted 8 lid is better of the 2, that voodoo lid is horrendous. I've been seriously considering getting a knock off twisted 8 and modifying it to my liking, I don't see a point of having the bullet behind me.
The 8s won't drown out the Mmats. I'm running the 601s in the fairing and 801s in the lids. Pretty good balance of sound, but i also have 8s inside the bags that only handle the lower end range of midbass to round out the sound as much as a i can without a sub.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:59 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 548 Likes on 445 Posts

Hey man, send me text and I'll send you a couple videos of my MMMAT, B3's and 8.8's. Give you a little idea of the sound

763-238-7204

Old 10-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

I'll still have to look around at others. The setups he had were extremely convincing. I would like to hear the MMATS and VO6X9 combo.
My offer still stands if you want to hear my setup before jumping into the hertz DEEP END and pay twice the price for something you can get that is comparable at less money.

My bike is immobile right now as I lost a rear wheel bearing but you are more than welcome to swing by the house and we can **** off my ole lady and neighbors over a couple of cold ones.
I have a 4 speaker system I am putting together in the garage that is almost done you could listen to also.

Thanks for the 👍👍 T

Give me a call and we can get something set up
219-670-6320

Last edited by Babyboy; 10-04-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:42 AM
IIBADII
Cruiser

I appreciate the hospitality gents. I'll get ahold of you guys later today.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Bad...We just had a Midwest meet and greet in Milwaukee...big part of M&G is a little sound off with about 9 or 10 bikes competing, and Baby B's bike brought home the coveted Boom Trophy! I would definitely give it a listen...I live about 20 minutes away in Joliet, so I can swing by and you could hear my little system also, if I'm available!

Old 10-04-2017, 07:35 PM
pglider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Babyboy,Iam not to far away from you guys I am up in northern Lake County ,Illinois . Iam still trying to decide what to use for my front stage,thinking of using front 2ch of the hdp4 hertz to power MMATS 601 or aw6.5 without horns or at28 tweets.Would like to run the other 2ch of the hertz hdp4 for 6900 in lids.The lowers have moto602s that can be powered with a fosgate t400xad2.Any thoughts? I work downtown for UP rail. Thanks Paul

Quick Reply: Pro audio installation question.