Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Quality Unicorn

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 12:06 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
With you on bag space those eights installed as clean as he has done equals one pair of pants but more important to me is I have stretched bags so have stockers collecting dust that would use for fun I would like to know if I could here them at say 50mph lot of mountain riding that would be enhanced for me.
lol. extra set of color matched bags sittin in my shop too

Old 10-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Good discussion...SQ with volume is the Unicorn we are all seeking! I have been to only 3 bike audio events and each time I was surprised how bad a lot of the bikes sounded, they were loud but sounded like sh*t, many pushing their set ups way past where distortion creeps in! I will say that this years Baddest Bagger was a lot better (for SQ) then the previous year, so things are getting better! I will say that the winner of this years BB sounded awesome as did the winner of last years BB SPL award...built by F Bomb Baggers here in Joliet..had 4 RF amps and Hertz speakers...sounded like a musical explosion...awesome!! I need to hear some of Alex's creations in person...I know they will not disappoint! That is all ... OH one more thing my bike has 3 PAIRS of HAT's & 1 pr. of DD 6x9...IT IS NOT TINNY OR BRIGHT...it is very musical, warm and full sounding IMHO...That is all...

Last edited by Moto Mike; 10-04-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added
Old 10-04-2017, 01:34 PM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
With you on bag space those eights installed as clean as he has done equals one pair of pants but more important to me is I have stretched bags so have stockers collecting dust that would use for fun I would like to know if I could here them at say 50mph lot of mountain riding that would be enhanced for me.
Absolutely you will reap the benefits of some lows in the bags at 50mph. I think at under 60 mph all the stuff in the rear stage will be enjoyed by the rider and especially the passenger. Go for it brother, and have fun. Only problem is going to be when you need the bag space, your not going to want to change bags back lol

Old 10-04-2017, 02:52 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Good discussion...SQ with volume is the Unicorn we are all seeking! I have been to only 3 bike audio events and each time I was surprised how bad a lot of the bikes sounded, they were loud but sounded like sh*t, many pushing their set ups way past where distortion creeps in! I will say that this years Baddest Bagger was a lot better (for SQ) then the previous year, so things are getting better! I will say that the winner of this years BB sounded awesome as did the winner of last years BB SPL award...built by F Bomb Baggers here in Joliet..had 4 RF amps and Hertz speakers...sounded like a musical explosion...awesome!! I need to hear some of Alex's creations in person...I know they will not disappoint! That is all ... OH one more thing my bike has 3 PAIRS of HAT's & 1 pr. of DD 6x9...IT IS NOT TINNY OR BRIGHT...it is very musical, warm and full sounding IMHO...That is all...
Mike, your system is one of the crispest, musical ones i have heard and definately no slouch in the volume dept...damn fine job!!

The following users liked this post:
Moto Mike (10-04-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Good discussion!!! Hope it helps everyone find their Unicorn and also advance it. This is some damn dynamic stuff and unless u buy proven packages that u have personally heard while considered numerous riding factors or get it from an extremely reputable shop that clearly understands your specific goals and how to properly utilize the optimum SPL and SQ products, ur screwed and will rip shix out and perform a do-over. Gets expensive!!! The sled audio industry and associated products in use has advanced dramatically in a very short period of time however is probably one of the most complex challenges in all mobile audio platforms.

Just had a guy roll in here saying he went to his local shop and he is convinced that his 4 speaker set up will be an all SPL setup. Said he heard it in a shop and loves it!!!!! I have ran the shix he mentioned heavily complimented with SQ and it still sucked!!! This guy is screwed!!! This shix is happening hourly as folks just just throw shix together assuming way too damn much. It all about the full range, however u decide to get there.

The SPL world is opening some damn good possibilities for us commoners but it can bite us in the **** real fast, damn near to the point that Boom would actually have better SQ if not properly managed. Yeah, I did just say that.

For my riding style I would never do an all PA set-up. Not filling the bags up nor do I like tunes that are not hitting in the 70 Hz range and up. Just my ears. The next guy might be cool with 100 Hz and up.

One dude rides 60 on average and the next rides 30 on average. If u had identical sleds and HU, the speaker setup could be completely different and deliver awesome SQ for both individuals. The 60 mph dude would be headed toward a balance of lids and lowers before putting anything at all inside the bags, if ever. The other dude could probably throw down on fairing, lowers, and then go with big thump inside the bags never having to drop $1000 bucks on lids.

The product options are growing by the day, and our riding styles or parking lot desires are vast so take ur time to capture all of these additional variables and "details" and kick the hell out of that loud Sound Quality Unicorn!!!!

T.

Last edited by Tailwind; 10-04-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm new to the forum and have been doing a lot of reading thru threads and wow is all I can say. The generosity of so many members on here with information or even deals on some the items is incredible. I am really happy I joined and look forward to the future of maybe even scratching the surface of what some of you have accomplished. Thank you to all of the members here that take the time our of their lives to help out complete strangers from around the world. You are truly stand up people

Gannicus (10-05-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 08:15 PM
pglider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Second that! Hats off to everyone that has helped me along the way!Spent many years in car audio 70s-90s and sled audio is a totally different animal!One goal for me is still the same, great clean sounding equipment with ZERO distortion!Still chasing that unicorn LOL.

Gannicus (10-05-2017)