Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth headset/intercom for half helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 05:03 AM
Mike flies
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Bluetooth headset/intercom for half helmet?

I've looked everywhere and can't find the product I need.

I'm swapping over to a Heritage Classic that doesn't have a stereo system. My goal is clear music at a volume that doesn't give me hearing loss which doesn't interfere with my ability to hear threats on the road; intercom capability would be a major plus. The strongest contender I've been able to find is the Sena SPH10H-FM; however, I don't have any requirement for FM radio, I want to listen to music in both ears, and this device has no noise dampening or canceling available. I've considered the Bose QC-30 but while there is a mic, I don't think I can make it work as an intercom for me and my passenger. Also not sure how the noise canceling would work with at highway speeds. I don't expect the same quality as if I were in a high end German sedan with a B&O 12 speaker system, but I would like to be able to chat with the wife, listen to music, and not go deaf by the time I'm 50. Has anybody successfully tackled this problem?

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2017, 06:23 AM
blackxpress
Road Master
Received 492 Likes on 241 Posts

I have the Sena SPH10 without the FM. It works very well and should accomplish what you’re trying to do. The music sound quality is very good and the volume level is just about right. My only complaint is it’s a little uncomfortable after I’ve been wearing it for an hour or so.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:15 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Mike ,,,,,,

take a look at two of these http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HSBT-03EL-HHU ,,,,,,,, J&Ms Bluetooth headset provides THE BEST on-highway performance available ,,,,,,

if you are looking at a good shorty helmet/headset combo ,,,, try to of the Bell PittBoss helmets with J&M Bluetooth headsets custom installed http://www.jmcorp.com/BellPitBoss.asp ,,,,,

when you are ready to order, get back to me direct at john@jmcorp.com for VIP 20% discount code ,,,,,,

just let us know how we can be of service ,,,,,

Old 09-28-2017, 12:31 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

Uclear makes a half helmet bluetooth system that works great. I have the HBC200HD that has earbuds, and a dual mic setup that mounts into the brow of your half helmet. works with your smartphone for music and phone calls, as well as an intercom system.

I usually ignore phone calls while riding, but music is crystal clear and the controls can be used with gloves on while riding.

https://www.ucleardigital.com/shop/h...stem-dual-kit/

Last edited by teeroy_; 09-28-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added link to product
Old 09-28-2017, 12:58 PM
Mike flies
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies, I will check them out.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:14 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior

the best part about the Uclear with the earbuds is no boom mic and no need to mount earflaps to install the speakers. those setups just scream Goldwing pilot

Old 09-29-2017, 03:37 PM
Mike flies
Cruiser

Originally Posted by teeroy_
the best part about the Uclear with the earbuds is no boom mic and no need to mount earflaps to install the speakers. those setups just scream Goldwing pilot

https://youtu.be/U874ARhUc-M
This looked awesome, but they discontinued it.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:12 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mike flies
This looked awesome, but they discontinued it.
I think the Amp system is the newer version. all the old accessories for the HBC series, like the earbud speaker/mic option, will work with the Amp device. the biggest difference between the old HBC and the new Amp is that the software updates are all done to the Amp via the smartphone app. you had to download an update and plug the HBC into a computer for software upgrades.

these are the earbuds for half helmets with the mic built in

https://www.ucleardigital.com/shop/h.../long-earbuds/

Last edited by teeroy_; 09-29-2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added link to earbuds for Amp controller
The following users liked this post:
Mike flies (09-30-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Wrenchboy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three of us use the Sena10 for intercom, pair your phone for pandora/etc. or ipod. They have been working flawlessly. We also use them in winter when snowmobiling.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Mike flies
Cruiser

Well, back to the drawing board. I ordered the Amp Pro dual set and got it in the mail today. I ripped into the exterior box like a kid on xmas. Get to the actual Amp package and hmmmmm. Why is there something that appears to be shrink wrap stuck to a piece of tape holding the box closed (but not surrounding the package itself)? Open it up and take inventory. Hmmm, why are there parts missing from this box?

Grrrrrr. I purchased via Amazon from a company called APEX Performance in Illinois. I sent it back, left the seller (not the product) a 1 star review, and ordered from another vendor. I don't care if you sell open box returns, but if you do it better be at a huge discount and it better be disclosed. Pawning off a return on a customer trying to buy a new product is just low. I wonder how many times they tried that trick and got away with it.

Last edited by Mike flies; 10-07-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth headset/intercom for half helmet?