Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker lid issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017 | 11:31 AM
ScoobyDooHarley
|
Cruiser
Default Speaker lid issues

OK, I've sent an email to Alex but It's a long weekend and he may be out having some fun, so I thought I'd throw my issue out there. I'm sure I'm not the first on this one. I bought the DD 6x9s for my lids. I bought hogtunes lids that are made for 6x9 speakers. I installed everything and my big ole magnet hits when you go to close or open the lid. I have to lift up pretty hard to get it clear the bag itself. Not something I want to be doing all the time. I also like to open my lid when I'm getting fuel as that's where I keep my wallet when riding......

I know my options are to get different speakers but I'm just seeing what anyone else did.

My ride is a '14 Street Glide.

Old 09-03-2017 | 11:38 AM
ScoobyDooHarley
|
Cruiser

Did a search and found some similar threads...sorry about that. Just as I suspected. You have to live with it....dammit man!!

Old 09-03-2017 | 12:12 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Riders Club Member

off topic - what AMP are you using to power the DD's?

Old 09-03-2017 | 12:33 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by ScoobyDooHarley
OK, I've sent an email to Alex but It's a long weekend and he may be out having some fun, so I thought I'd throw my issue out there. I'm sure I'm not the first on this one. I bought the DD 6x9s for my lids. I bought hogtunes lids that are made for 6x9 speakers. I installed everything and my big ole magnet hits when you go to close or open the lid. I have to lift up pretty hard to get it clear the bag itself. Not something I want to be doing all the time. I also like to open my lid when I'm getting fuel as that's where I keep my wallet when riding......

I know my options are to get different speakers but I'm just seeing what anyone else did.

My ride is a '14 Street Glide.
I ran into the same problem with mine just recently.
Time to get creative for a solution as the wife will have a fit worse than she is already with the magnet interfering with the"STORAGE SPOT" for her purse.
Maybe the magnet will help my pocket out when it deactivates all her credit cards 😁😁😁

The following users liked this post:
sic-puppy (09-04-2017)
Old 09-03-2017 | 12:48 PM
chrisg81983
Road Captain

My hertz mille 6x9's hit as well.... In the beginning it was a pain in the *** to always have to think how to open without hitting. After a few months i dont even think about it anymore plus its well worth the troubles anyway.

Old 09-03-2017 | 12:51 PM
ScoobyDooHarley
|
Cruiser

I'm running the arc audio 600.4. On another note. Do I NEED a second line leveler? Seems someone told me or I read where I can just wire up the rears and go as long as I don't want to fade them. Is that correct?

Old 09-03-2017 | 01:31 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master

Originally Posted by ScoobyDooHarley
I'm running the arc audio 600.4. On another note. Do I NEED a second line leveler? Seems someone told me or I read where I can just wire up the rears and go as long as I don't want to fade them. Is that correct?
that is correct. As long as you don't need fade there's no need for a second line leveler

Old 09-03-2017 | 01:40 PM
ScoobyDooHarley
|
Cruiser

Thanks. I'm missing something somewhere then cause I can't get any sound out of the rears. I know it's simple I'm sure. Just missing something.

Old 09-03-2017 | 01:45 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master

Post up a pic of your amp settings and somebody will help ya out

Old 09-03-2017 | 03:52 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Outkast6991
Post up a pic of your amp settings and somebody will help ya out

Post your switch settings

Quick Reply: Speaker lid issues