Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS final stop in Philly

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 06:49 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts
Default SOS final stop in Philly

Alex and Henry worked on their bikes right up to the last minute and barely made it up to Philly from Miami in time. Alex built a lightweight bike (8 speakers or less no subs) and decided to run it up against the middleweight bikes (8 speakers+ w/subs) and took second place. I wanna say he was only running 6 speakers and 4 horns. Pretty impressive to run against bikes with subs when you got none lol. First place was the Hot Rods and Handlebars Road King that hasn't lost a comp that it has entered and i heard it was a close one.

The winning run what you brung bike was actually a White Softail that had a big ol trunk built on the back end with a lot of Mmats packed in there. See if i can find a photo of it.

Photo credit goes to Gann

Attached Thumbnails SOS final stop in Philly-fb_img_1503272792219.jpg  

Last edited by matt76cmich; 08-20-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:50 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

If you want, check out the Team Money Cycles page on Facebook for a bunch of videos of the comps.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:56 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Just to give you an example of the run what you brung bikes bags, these have 2-10" subs in each bag...

Attached Thumbnails SOS final stop in Philly-fb_img_1503273240682.jpg  
Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok, found a pic of the White Softail that won the Heavyweight title. There are subs packed in there with a bunch of Mmats and power. Yes this bike only has 2 wheels and can be stripped down to look like a normal softail.

Attached Thumbnails SOS final stop in Philly-fb_img_1503273547135.jpg  
Old 08-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Man I had no idea guys from the forum were there. I walked through there and checked out the bikes. The HHI road king is pretty nice. What bikes belonged to tha funk shop?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Ok, found a pic of the White Softail that won the Heavyweight title. There are subs packed in there with a bunch of Mmats and power. Yes this bike only has 2 wheels and can be stripped down to look like a normal softail.
Ha! That white MMATS bike is a ringer. Has no place in the competition. I think they are looking at some rule changes next year. There's not a normal bike that's ridden on the planet that could defeat that bike one on one. "Unbelievable" is the only way to describe it. The heavyweight competition bike should be for daily riders. Hopefully they will make that change next year! You guys would have been proud! Alex and Henry's bike are both insane! You would have to hear both bikes in person to realize how much work these guys put in! VIDS DO NO JUSTICE! I've never heard anything like it in my audio career and I thought my bike was insane if that tells you anything! Not even close! LOL!

Old 08-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Outkast6991
Man I had no idea guys from the forum were there. I walked through there and checked out the bikes. The HHI road king is pretty nice. What bikes belonged to tha funk shop?
We were there Bro! Had a tent set up by the fence. Alex took second place in the middleweight division. Got beat by the loudest road king on the planet. But it was DAM close! That road king has never been beat in any competition in the country. Couple more small changes to his bike and I think Alex takes the next one!

Old 08-20-2017, 08:54 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

That softail is a total joke. Ridiculous. Wonder if his SPL is higher than his odometer.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:59 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

To keep things real, any bike in that competition should be an every daily riders imho. Many of the sleds above middle class were not to include some middles. Now keeping things really real and considering the cancer awareness cause, who really cares if the sled is actually rideable!!!

This is where most of the guys on this specific forum need to find that line in the sand regarding which audio model or finish line u want chase. U gonna fill the bags and TP full of audio shix or u gonna tour with the best possible audio?

Nonetheless, these dudes that load their bikes up with fake tour packs and saddle bags, to include the normal folks with traditional bags and packs, with audio equipment really are delivering some amazing damn sound!!!! It's also a breath of fresh air to see these guys FINALLY chasing sound quality versus some damn DB meter!!!!

Anyways, Ricky Will and his SOS Team have done an amazing job combining sled audio with cancer awareness so if u guys ever get a chance to hit an event, it's a damn great group of folks shining some awesome light on battling cancer via a very cool hobby.

T

Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Outkast6991
The HHI road king is pretty nice. ?
Them boys at Hotrods and Handlebars are bringing some way killer audio!!!!! Not to mention the product they are delivering consumers. One of my riding brothers just ordered a stack of stuff from them and it was a well put together kit. My boy worked with some dude named Tim and they designed his system over the phone and what showed up was every damn bag spacer, speaker, grill, fastener, amp wiring kit and custom plug and play harnesses (including bag & TP quick disconnects) to fit his specific advanced build. Not cheap but damn is that shix was dialed in for my buddy that only really knows what a volume **** is.
Keep an eye on these boys as they are hitting this sled audio industry hard!!!!!

T.

Quick Reply: SOS final stop in Philly