Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS final stop in Philly

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 03:55 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

That was not a legit post on the rules. It's already been taken down.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:00 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
That was not a legit post on the rules. It's already been taken down.
Find out here in an hour when Rickie goes live.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Find out here in an hour when Rickie goes live.
I actually like the 2018 SOS rules. If they get a venue that is fairly close, I will put in on the calendar.

T

Old 08-23-2017, 09:34 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I actually like the 2018 SOS rules. If they get a venue that is fairly close, I will put in on the calendar.

T
Only change I'd make is to have judges scoring sheets to keep from last second mind changes when everyone else disagrees with you. And hand them in with out talking to the other judges.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Great job Alex...I would certainly go to an SOS event...hope they pick Chi-town!!

Old 08-24-2017, 12:06 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Great job Alex...I would certainly go to an SOS event...hope they pick Chi-town!!

Thanks Mike!! We already started the teardown and rebuild for the next show.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:52 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Alex,is change due to new products something learned from other competitors different class.
just curious dose no one show up with same setup as previous show seams like at some point tried it all and all that would be left is actual EQ itself.
If the pro audio guys have not found that danm unicorn i sure ain't going to get close.if anything coming out is something I could use let me know.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:21 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
Alex,is change due to new products something learned from other competitors different class.
just curious dose no one show up with same setup as previous show seams like at some point tried it all and all that would be left is actual EQ itself.
If the pro audio guys have not found that danm unicorn i sure ain't going to get close.if anything coming out is something I could use let me know.
Nope...nothing new, same exact set up as last week.

We competed with really needing about 3-4 more days of work to get things right. It sucks going with zero margin of error and not trying out a few different wiring configurations, tuning adjustments, etc. We use the exact same equipment 99% of the time regardless of build, it's the stuff I share here. From show to show most guys run just about the same stuff as last time and adjust where they are lacking as they go based on the rest of the competition field. We got into it late this year and it took us the entire season to finally get our bikes done. There's no way we could've been doing major rebuilds with a competition just about every month. As it stands this is the best build I've ever done, and it has the least amount of speakers. A few more adjustments next week and I'll be done. Same goes for my partners bike. Same exact set up, just wired differently. Wish we woulda had time last week for this!

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 08-24-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 PM
tonymontanna1983
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I wanna check out these dudes' bikes ^^^^. I'm a old USAC competitor from waaaay back and I still love car/bike audio. Maybe a trip to Miami is in order...

Old 08-25-2017, 10:36 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

hate to keep asking questions just trying to learn something,when you say different wiring configurations are you talking which speakers to which amp or more about horns in series or parallel also when you say tune adjustments i am assuming these would be very small tweaks in crossover and gains, slope
Alex these are the tuning secrets or maybe not secrets but questions i have no answers to and can not find. and why I keep bringing up tuning clinics or how to seminars .

Example if i want more bass and only the very bottom end bass logic says to lower crossover narrow slope also have choice of boosting freq in that range and raising gain the when to do one vs the other and also what other bands need attention after that could just be as simple as trial and error but i don't think so .
do your ears and your partners ears always agree on what sounds best or even at your level is this sound debate still totally subjective.

Quick Reply: SOS final stop in Philly