Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS final stop in Philly

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:33 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Driving home from Philly now and pumped!! I'll post details and vids later. LONG Drive home.....but worth it.

The following users liked this post:
pglider (08-21-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 10:45 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Them boys at Hotrods and Handlebars are bringing some way killer audio!!!!! Not to mention the product they are delivering consumers. One of my riding brothers just ordered a stack of stuff from them and it was a well put together kit. My boy worked with some dude named Tim and they designed his system over the phone and what showed up was every damn bag spacer, speaker, grill, fastener, amp wiring kit and custom plug and play harnesses (including bag & TP quick disconnects) to fit his specific advanced build. Not cheap but damn is that shix was dialed in for my buddy that only really knows what a volume **** is.
Keep an eye on these boys as they are hitting this sled audio industry hard!!!!!

T.
Must have talked to Tim Whitney, good dude from what little I've talked with him. If i go quad 8s I'm going with HnH speed rings. I still have to make it down to Battle Creek and check out the bikes, i mean I'm only a couple hours away lol. Just gotta get time away from this damn job.

Congrats again to Alex whoopin on them bikes with subs with team No-Subs!

Old 08-20-2017, 10:49 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Outkast6991
Man I had no idea guys from the forum were there. I walked through there and checked out the bikes. The HHI road king is pretty nice. What bikes belonged to tha funk shop?
These good lookin bikes.

Attached Thumbnails SOS final stop in Philly-fb_img_1503287341198.jpg  
Old 08-21-2017, 01:44 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Thanks guys! First I gotta apologize for not being around much the past few weeks, this show has taken all of my time the past few weeks. We built this bike in three weeks from a rolling frame to custom fiberglass work, full paint job, cut neck, front and rear air ride, audio install....aside from the drive train just about every bolt. I needed about 3-4 more days to get everything done......and still, without question the two bikes we took are the two BEST builds we've ever done and they will get better.

So the SOS rules don't allow shop owners to enter a lightweight bike in the lightweight division. The intent is that regular guys with nice builds can showcase their bikes without having to compete against shops. 8 speakers or less and average joe have at it. So not all bikes are freak shows. What that means is that my lightweight bike has to compete in middle weight.

We got to the show about 2 hours early and tuned them in the parking lot before the show started and we're ready for battle. My bike has 6 speakers, 8 horns, and 3 amps. Gann heard my bike and asked what my bags are crossed at ------ and I said LOW, really LOW. I have NEVER heard a bike without subs drop like this so I figured I'd at a minimum be competitive. The finals of the middleweight class had four bikes and both Henry and I were in the finals. Not bad to roll into Philly and have 2 of the top 4 middleweight bikes there. The crowd and promoters were extremely supportive after we made the trip all the way from Miami. In the end Drew beat me. He had too much volume this time around vs my bass and clarity. I consider those guys good friends and can't wait for round 2. In all seriousness if it wasn't for this show we would not be building bikes of this caliber and competing neck and neck as one of the top shops in the country.

i don't know if anyone here had a chance to make one of these shows this year, if no one did start planning for April 2018 for SOS Miami!!

heres the only vid I have of the bike.

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 08-21-2017 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:01 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats Alex and Henry for such a great showing. Hope you a safe trip home. Thanks for still managing to get those DDs sent out in the middle of all the chaos.

Rick

Old 08-21-2017, 11:14 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Facebook Post

Only vid i can find of the middleweight final.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:54 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

hahah, the a-hole at the end of the video saying "put it back on the trailer"

what a dick

Old 08-21-2017, 12:35 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Originally Posted by cpbedor
hahah, the a-hole at the end of the video saying "put it back on the trailer"

what a dick
This was the most trash talking show ever. What's not on that vid is when I called any shop with a lightweight back to dance. I didn't drive 24 hours to lean up on the wall at this party. I'm looking for a dancing partner. Props to Baggerboyz out of MD for accepting the challenge.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:02 PM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats to you and Henry!! Nice showing for sure!!

My take on the softail. First off that is the ugliest bike I have ever seen. I don't care if the class allows for that kind of mods. It's just my opinion, BUT I feel there are two things going on at a competition. The first is the sound, and second is the looks + fit and finish. Just my 2 cents. If this moves to the point we bags that are grossly modified and big conglomerations of shix tourpacks, I will not be interested in attending. If I was only interested in audio, then I would go see car audio competitions. This is bike audio, and I'm interested in what they have done to the bike, AND also what they have done audio wise while maintaining the appearance of the bike.

Gannicus (08-21-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerBill103

My take on the softail. First off that is the ugliest bike I have ever seen. I don't care if the class allows for that kind of mods. It's just my opinion, BUT I feel there are two things going on at a competition. The first is the sound, and second is the looks + fit and finish. Just my 2 cents. If this moves to the point we bags that are grossly modified and big conglomerations of shix tourpacks, I will not be interested in attending. If I was only interested in audio, then I would go see car audio competitions. This is bike audio, and I'm interested in what they have done to the bike, AND also what they have done audio wise while maintaining the appearance of the bike.
Totally agree!!!!! It's a Cancer awareness event so a very cool damn culture while at the same time a bunch of folks having some fun advancing sled audio. Cool concept indeed and hats off to the organizers, volunteers, sponsors, donors, & competitors!!!!!!

Regarding the "shix show" sleds with extreme fabrication, I don't pay much attention to ANY shix that is not a daily rider with bag & TP space available cause at some point it's like putting an audio system together on a dog house mounted on a piano dolly. Good sounding dog houses though but parking lot shix just ain't for me as I look forward to my next road trip, not my next parking lot.

I fully expect the rules to tighten for next year, just hope they keep the DB meters away, sound quality advancing, the culture grounded, and the focus of the event pure = curing Cancer!!!!!

T.

Gannicus (08-21-2017)

Quick Reply: SOS final stop in Philly