Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 FLTRUSE sytem add/delete components

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:48 PM
vtdiesel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 FLTRUSE sytem add/delete components

I bought a 2016 FLTRUSE that comes with the BOOM II system. Just not enough clarity or volume for my liking. I plan to make the tour pack removable so deleting those 2 speakers from the system entirely is an option as I want to add speaker lids. I like the current HU but am not opposed to changing that out for something with the same NAV/XM/handlebar control capabilities although keeping it would be cheaper to say the least. I like having the FM reception but am willing to sacrifice it if needs be to obtain enough power from a non Class H amp(unfamiliar how much room there is in a RG fairing as I've only worked on my old SG where room was an issue). I don't need the biggest, baddest, most expensive system but I do wanna turn some heads!

I have looked and looked and nothing I have found on the forums seems to have all the answers I'm looking for, so here I am turning to the awesome HDForums gurus for some advice or if I overlooked it, a link that has the answers!

Thanks in advance guys and speed safely!

Old 08-20-2017, 02:09 PM
vtdiesel
Tourer
Default Anybody?

Anybody?

Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

It didn't look like there was a question in your original post. Boom amps and speakers don't play with others. If you're going to upgrade the stereo, it will mean removing the boom 2 speakers and amp(s) and starting at zero. There's lots of room in a RG fairing but knowing what amps will fit where is the secret. biggest hurdle you have to get beyond is ripping out the current speakers and amp(s) because they'll never get you where you want to be. Once you're ok with that and have a budget in mind, the collective folks here will put together the solution. Is that a twin cooled motor with radiators in the lowers? I believe so.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:01 PM
vtdiesel
Tourer

Yep completely fine with removing the boom system components, but as I mentioned I would like to keep the HU or at least replace it with something that has all the same capabilities. Yeah it's a liquid cooled motor so I can't add speakers to the lowers like I had on my old bike.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:16 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

So what are you envisioning this to be? You mentioned turning heads. You mentioned lids...6x9s or leaning to like a JL 8.8 in the lids? 8s in the bags facing the wheel or is bag space off limits. Your boom HU will be just fine, no issues there. What % will you have the TP off versus on? What music do you listen to?

Old 08-21-2017, 02:19 PM
vtdiesel
Tourer

TP will be on about 30% of the time. Don't want to lose bag space so I'd like to stay with speakers in the lids. Because I won't have the TP on much I was thinking of just deleting those speakers from the system entirely unless I had a dedicated amp so as not to screw up the balance for the rest of the system. I listen to literally everything EXCEPT classical.