Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Aquatic Stereo Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 AM
okie11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Aquatic Stereo Install

Hey folks,
Was wondering if I could get some assistance, I just purchased a new Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-HS and was wondering if anyone here has already installed it. I have a 2012 Electra Glide Classic and have never installed a radio in anything before, I know the company claims it to be Plug n' play but I have seen the wiring and know that you have to do some wiring. Can anyone explain how to wire up the power and speakers, as i know the handle bar controller has a harness that just plugs right in.

The radio is being delivered today, I'd like to install it tomorrow. Could really use the help folks.

thanks in advance

Old 08-11-2017, 12:14 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Here's you some help with a tool list as well.
Check out this video on YouTube:

Old 08-11-2017, 12:19 PM
blackxpress
Road Master
Received 492 Likes on 241 Posts

It is completely plug n play unless you want your rear speakers to work, in which case there are 4 wires that have to be spliced into the harness. The instructions are very clear as to which wires those are. They are green, green with white stripe, purple and purple with white stripe. Those wires are in the harness you don't use (14 pin IIRC).

Old 08-11-2017, 12:22 PM
okie11
Intermediate

thanks, actually watched it already before making my decision to buy.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:24 PM
okie11
Intermediate

my classic only has the 2 fairing speakers. I will be attempting the swap over this weekend, I will update over the weekend if I have any issues.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:56 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

There are no other wires to hook up other than the plug from the OEM head unit.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Hardest part is the 4 bolts holding the unit in place. Luckily I had a set of long allen wrenches with ball ends on them. Saved the day. I'm very happy with the sound and the Bluetooth. Some people would have liked to be able to choose play lists but I just set my iPhone to random. If I don't like a song I can switch to the next using the handlebar controls.

I've seen some complaints about not being able to see the display in the sunlight. I have purposely ridden with the sun at my back and I could see the display just fine. I have the less expensive unit ($300) without Sirius and some other stuff that I didn't need. Instead of a slide out phone holder, there's a big open area. I can set my iPhone 6s with it's Otter Box inside with all the cables hooked up. It's a tight fit, but it works fine.

My install was a bit different since I have a HogTunes 40.4 amp. But it was just a matter of unplugging the cables to it, pulling it off the HK unit and then putting it all back together after the Aquatics was installed. I too have no rear speakers since I have a Streetglide. But I have the HogTune fairing speakers, tweeter pod and 7" speakers in the lowers. I'm sure I won't win any contests with the super systems that a lot of guys in this section have, but it's plenty loud for me even on the superslab.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 08-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:41 PM
okie11
Intermediate

thanks, i just saw today on the aquatic website that they just released an amp too. might look into that for next year, want to do a stage 4 kit and new pipes over the winter, will probably need more volume after that.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:23 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by okie11
thanks, i just saw today on the aquatic website that they just released an amp too. might look into that for next year, want to do a stage 4 kit and new pipes over the winter, will probably need more volume after that.
it truly is plug n play. get yourself a long T-handle 3/16" allen wrench with the "balled" end and try not to swear too much

Old 08-11-2017, 02:38 PM
okie11
Intermediate

can't promise about the swearing part. lol

Quick Reply: New Aquatic Stereo Install