Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Books/Resources for general amp/speaker/etc knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Codylp
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Books/Resources for general amp/speaker/etc knowledge

Hi, I was curious if anyone had a good list of books or maybe even online resources for better understanding the terminology and theory behind the audio setups we install/upgrade on our bikes.

Making a trip to the local bookstore in abit and was hoping to have something to look for while I was there that might make me feel a little smarter when it comes to playing with the audio upgrades etc that are possible on the motorcycle lol.

Figured there might be some car audio books that might be worth a read and that would basically be the same theory for what goes into our bikes.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Codylp
Hi, I was curious if anyone had a good list of books or maybe even online resources for better understanding the terminology and theory behind the audio setups we install/upgrade on our bikes.

Making a trip to the local bookstore in abit and was hoping to have something to look for while I was there that might make me feel a little smarter when it comes to playing with the audio upgrades etc that are possible on the motorcycle lol.

Figured there might be some car audio books that might be worth a read and that would basically be the same theory for what goes into our bikes.
All the knowledge you need is right here Bro!! All you have to do is ask the question!!
No books necessary

Old 07-30-2017, 04:56 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
All the knowledge you need is right here Bro!! All you have to do is ask the question!!
No books necessary
good call Gann. i believe this "book" has well over 300 pages, and no other book will cover each individual scenario and combination that some of us can dream up and install

Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Edit: please don't read this as a rant, just good info.
I agree 100% with these guys. Something to add, please be specific with your questin's input. We all love to see, What's the best speaker, answer to this question is endless. If the question was what speaker fits best in this situation, head unit, amp, year model of bike, what your end goal is, what type of budget you are working with, will you ever add more speakers or speaker locations, and the list goes on. Some of these guys are great at answering questions day in and day out, even if it's THE SAME QUESTION. On the other hand, many of us would much rather see a well planned out question with as many details as possible. Don't get me wrong, we are all here to help, but as much info as possible is greatly appreciated. Please know this info is not pointed at you, but your thread is a great question and I hope many others read this before asking their questions. Good luck with your build and like these guys said, ask away brother.....
Kris

Old 07-31-2017, 01:22 PM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

Check out this thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...tem-faq-s.html
this will cover a lot of the basics.