Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio boom upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 06:21 PM
willryder
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audio boom upgrade

Been looking to upgrade my 2014 sgs audio. I'm looking for the two fairing speakers and amp plug and play setup with stock radio. So for i'm leaning toward the J&M ROKKER® XXR EXTREME 330w 2-Speaker/Amplifier Installation Kit for 2014-17 Harley® StreetGlide/Ultra. If there is a better setup like that out there i would like to hear about it cause i want to buy one time and be done with that. Any input will be appreciated thanks.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

I think you're going to get a lot of recommendations to stay away from J&M setup. There are some very solid two speaker fairing only setups out there besides that.

No system will be fully plug and play. If you're adding an amp, which you should, the tank is coming off and power and ground is going to be ran to the battery.

Send a note to alex@baggeraudiolab.com. He is a sponsor here and will take care of you. He's been a great resource to the forum.

I would recommend a JL MX500/4, DD Audio AW 6.5 with either BT30 or AT28 tweeters and a Biketronics BT355 Line leveler. This will require the speaker pods to be removed and replaced with Biketronics brackets, but for the money you're looking to spend with JM, this system should eat its lunch and be in the ballpark on price.

Shoot ot a note to Alex and let him help you.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:25 PM
willryder
Cruiser

What do y'all think about this kit. It looks like a not to bad install either.http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...ails/hd14-tkit

Old 07-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by willryder
What do y'all think about this kit. It looks like a not to bad install either.http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...ails/hd14-tkit
Have u heard those Speaks? Was at a gathering the other night and a dude had 4 RF 6x9s in his bags, 2 RF midrange in fairing, and 2 Mojo horns.
Not gonna comment on the sound but it is very unique as is BT, J&M, ARC, etc.... U got to hear it before u go down that road.

T.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:12 PM
willryder
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Have u heard those Speaks? Was at a gathering the other night and a dude had 4 RF 6x9s in his bags, 2 RF midrange in fairing, and 2 Mojo horns.
Not gonna comment on the sound but it is very unique as is BT, J&M, ARC, etc.... U got to hear it before u go down that road.

T.
Well i'am just looking to install two fairing speakers and a amp.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Several guys in the audio section really know their stuff when it's comes to audio. Tailwind being one of them. They have tried many combos and knows what works and what doesn't. They will help you spend your money wisely and get you something great.

The following users liked this post:
prowler58 (07-27-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 06:06 PM
willryder
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Stuntmeat
Several guys in the audio section really know their stuff when it's comes to audio. Tailwind being one of them. They have tried many combos and knows what works and what doesn't. They will help you spend your money wisely and get you something great.
That's what i'm wanting to hear input about! Good two speaker and amp in the fairing setup's with stock radio.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:24 PM
willryder
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Adenton528
I think you're going to get a lot of recommendations to stay away from J&M setup. There are some very solid two speaker fairing only setups out there besides that.

No system will be fully plug and play. If you're adding an amp, which you should, the tank is coming off and power and ground is going to be ran to the battery.

Send a note to alex@baggeraudiolab.com. He is a sponsor here and will take care of you. He's been a great resource to the forum.

I would recommend a JL MX500/4, DD Audio AW 6.5 with either BT30 or AT28 tweeters and a Biketronics BT355 Line leveler. This will require the speaker pods to be removed and replaced with Biketronics brackets, but for the money you're looking to spend with JM, this system should eat its lunch and be in the ballpark on price.

Shoot ot a note to Alex and let him help you.
That's a nice setup. But where would the tweeters go at on the fairing.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Some people mount the tweets in the grills. Do a search on member covert olds and check out how he mounted his. It's pretty slick.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,257 Likes on 1,519 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuntmeat
Some people mount the tweets in the grills. Do a search on member covert olds and check out how he mounted his. It's pretty slick.
I went to that thread and it shows no pics although he posted many. What's up with that. Bummer

Quick Reply: Audio boom upgrade