Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with lowers and bag speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 07:11 PM
RROARKE
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of doing a little upgrade myself

Old 10-10-2017, 07:26 PM
RROARKE
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
That's a beautiful bike!! Don't see those everyday! So. For $500 bucks you're looking at a set of infinity Kappa 62.11i in the lowers. The Pioneer Pro 6900's in the lids with 6x9 adapters you can get from V-twin audio or Biketronics. Pushed with a Soundstream PN4.1000D amp in the saddle bags.
This setup is less than $400...

Old 10-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Sweet!!

Old 10-11-2017, 06:46 AM
ksnell1
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

RROARKE, lots of small parts that will eat up your money on this setup, ie wire, fuse holder. wire connectors at the bag to name a few. Been meaning to comment on this 2013 RKCVO speaker upgrade I did just never found the time. Wife loves the music and can hear it at any speed. End of last month did a trip to the York open house so she has logged some miles with them.

Some problems that I had were setting up the amp, thought I could save some time and set it up by ear so I wouldn't have to figure out how to down load the setup test tone to her phone, that didn't work well. After the amp setup had some stuff in her bag readjust the amp, this was fixed by protecting the amp from bag projectiles. Also found that the amp is very sensitive to adjustments so i put a little dab of silicone on the pots. Her only complaint now is the weight of the lids from the huge magnets on the speakers so I may switch them out for some Polk Audio MM692 6X9 over the winter.

We have gone through Bloomfield many times, pretty little town. Let me now if you would like to hear the RK, sure we can find a way to meet.

The following users liked this post:
RROARKE (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by ksnell1
RROARKE, lots of small parts that will eat up your money on this setup, ie wire, fuse holder. wire connectors at the bag to name a few. Been meaning to comment on this 2013 RKCVO speaker upgrade I did just never found the time. Wife loves the music and can hear it at any speed. End of last month did a trip to the York open house so she has logged some miles with them.

Some problems that I had were setting up the amp, thought I could save some time and set it up by ear so I wouldn't have to figure out how to down load the setup test tone to her phone, that didn't work well. After the amp setup had some stuff in her bag readjust the amp, this was fixed by protecting the amp from bag projectiles. Also found that the amp is very sensitive to adjustments so i put a little dab of silicone on the pots. Her only complaint now is the weight of the lids from the huge magnets on the speakers so I may switch them out for some Polk Audio MM692 6X9 over the winter.

We have gone through Bloomfield many times, pretty little town. Let me now if you would like to hear the RK, sure we can find a way to meet.
I have some JL C5 570x 5X7 speakers that sound much better than the polks. lightweight with nice highs and lows if you're interested. If not I'd go with the DD VO 6x9's rather than the polks. Much louder/sound better and a slightly smaller magnet than the Pioneers.