Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom audio and new head unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:04 AM
Khillery83
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom audio and new head unit

ok have been looking ok here and can't find what I'm looking for so I thought I would ask .... I have a 2011 ultra glide with the boom audio tour pack amp.... my hk stick head unit is going out so I bought a new one got it all wired up wth harness to keep my handle bar controls plug in just the small harness from back of the radio and new head unit turns on everything functions but I have no sound .... are all of my speaker Wires in the 35 pin connector as well as the remote wife for the amp ???? Please help if at all possible

Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Khillery83
ok have been looking ok here and can't find what I'm looking for so I thought I would ask .... I have a 2011 ultra glide with the boom audio tour pack amp.... my hk stick head unit is going out so I bought a new one got it all wired up wth harness to keep my handle bar controls plug in just the small harness from back of the radio and new head unit turns on everything functions but I have no sound .... are all of my speaker Wires in the 35 pin connector as well as the remote wife for the amp ???? Please help if at all possible

I can not speak for the amp, but yes the speaker wires are in the 35pin connector. If memory serves, I think the tp speakers are pins 16/17 possibly.

This is from the BT website for installing an aftermarket radio
Note - factory CB, intercom/headset speakers, and rear volume control functions are integrated into the stock radio and cannot be retained when adding an aftermarket radio. Depending on bike configuration it may be necessary to install new rear speaker wires.

Pete