Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Solar Eclipse Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 05:49 PM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Full Solar Eclipse Ride

Anyone interested in an Eclipse Ride? Also included would be a day of riding in the "Illinois Ozarks" of Southern Illinois. Beautiful roads including stops at Garden Of The Gods and Fat Mans' Squeeze. We would extremely close to literally the best place on the planet for viewing the total eclipse. You can see a partial eclipse from home but not the full SOLAR eclipse where the moon blocks out the sun. During the total eclipse you can take off you (provided) eclipse glasses and see the suns corona. The last solar eclipse was in 1979. Leave early Sat Aug 19 return late Monday Aug 21. Eclipse day. 2 optioins: 1. Camp out in unfurnished house.. Bring sleeping bag/pad. Has bathroom and fridge. Can cancel AS A GROUP (by vote) a few days before if weather is bad. If the group is going you lose your $$ if you don't go. 2. furnished house where you get at least an air mattress to sleep on. BUT you cannot cancel for any reason. Money totally not refundable. In either case if you cannot make it I would try to fill your spot but if I cannot you are out the money. Cost will be $225-$275 pp/2 nights lodging depending on number of people and option chosen. (Motel rooms are up to $500/night.) . Time is of the essence! If interested PM me! P.S. This will not be limited to Audio guys but I thought It would be fun if some of you can make it.

Last edited by bladeguy; 07-13-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:00 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Don't forget to pray for good viewing weather LOL! Seriously, totality is an awesome experience even if it's cloudy and rain. I can't make it, but I would highly recommend the effort. You won't be sorry.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:39 PM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
Don't forget to pray for good viewing weather LOL! Seriously, totality is an awesome experience even if it's cloudy and rain. I can't make it, but I would highly recommend the effort. You won't be sorry.
yes weather is an important factor. That is why Option 1 is good. However a bed is good too. Just depends if we want to risk eating that money...

Old 07-13-2017, 07:59 PM
ictghost
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like you guys will have some fun. I'm heading to KC to see it...once in a lifetime experience for most of us!