Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Hogtune Amp Setup??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:13 PM
G'dayM8
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Two Hogtune Amp Setup??

I just installed the hogtunes 200 watt 2 channel amp and 6.5 inch speakers on my 2017 Road Glide Special.

My question is, can I add another of the same amp to power 6x9 speakers in the bag lids? I can easily connect the second amp to the battery, but am not sure where it would connect for the 12V turn on/off and if the stock radio has 2 more outputs for rear speakers.

Has anybody had experience having amplified 6.5 in the front, but non-amped 6x9s in the lids? Is it possible I dont need to amplify the rear?

And last and final question:
Looking to get the lids and speakers from thefactorymatch.com I have done some research on them and am pretty happy with the reviews Ive seen so far and was hoping to confirm with people here.

Sorry for the long thread and thanks again for your help!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Yes you can add another Hog Tunes amp. But I wouldn't advise it for the 6x9's. No such thing as non amped 6x9's on a bike brother. An amp is a must have with the 6x9's.

The following users liked this post:
G'dayM8 (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 08:24 PM
G'dayM8
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Yes you can add another Hog Tunes amp. But I wouldn't advise it for the 6x9's. No such thing as non amped 6x9's on a bike brother. An amp is a must have with the 6x9's.
I like how they are plug and play, I am familiar with car radios but I don't know much about how Harley does their radios and I'd rather not be cutting and splicing wires. Does the stock radio on a 2017 Road Glide Special have 4 channels even though their are only 2 stock?

Old 07-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by G'dayM8
I like how they are plug and play, I am familiar with car radios but I don't know much about how Harley does their radios and I'd rather not be cutting and splicing wires. Does the stock radio on a 2017 Road Glide Special have 4 channels even though their are only 2 stock?
Yes. There is a harness in the fairing that is capped for potential audio expansion.

T.

G'dayM8 (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM
G'dayM8
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Yes. There is a harness in the fairing that is capped for potential audio expansion.

T.
Does anyone sell an adapter so that instead of cutting the capped harness, it plugs in and has wires on the other end I can solder to the input on my second amp?

Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Does anyone sell an adapter so that instead of cutting the capped harness, it plugs in and has wires on the other end I can solder to the input on my second amp?
If u want to do it right, reach out to Biketronics and get a BT355 Line Leveler for the rear channels of your specific make and model. It plugs right in and get u to RCA amp inputs. It also cleans up the shixxy Boom HU signal for your amp.

Just don't buy another HT amp.

T.

G'dayM8 (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 08:54 PM
G'dayM8
Cruiser

If u want to do it right, reach out to Biketronics and get a BT355 Line Leveler for the rear channels of your specific make and model. It plugs right in and get u to RCA amp inputs. It also cleans up the shixxy Boom HU signal for your amp.

Just don't buy another HT amp.

T.

Yeah, thats exactly my plan. LOC to the second amplifier with no cutting needed! thanks. From what I can tell from my research I am better off buying the hogtunes lids and biketronics speakers.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah, thats exactly my plan. LOC to the second amplifier with no cutting needed! thanks. From what I can tell from my research I am better off buying the hogtunes lids and biketronics speakers.
Do some more 6x9 speaker research. Way better available for waaaaaaay cheaper.

T.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:12 PM
G'dayM8
Cruiser

Do some more 6x9 speaker research. Way better available for waaaaaaay cheaper.

T.
yeah biketronics seems super expensive...im just worried about fitment and leaks with a different brand speaker in the hogtunes lid. Correct me if Im wrong but I shouldnt need a marine grade amplifier if I mount it in the bag right? I dont ride in the rain anyway unless i get caught in a passing shower.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

yeah biketronics seems super expensive...im just worried about fitment and leaks with a different brand speaker in the hogtunes lid. Correct me if Im wrong but I shouldnt need a marine grade amplifier if I mount it in the bag right? I dont ride in the rain anyway unless i get caught in a passing shower.
You want the Pioneer Pro 6900 speakers for your application bro. As long as you weather proof your bags you'll be okay with a non marine rated amp.

Quick Reply: Two Hogtune Amp Setup??