Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer TS 6900 vs Vo M 6x9

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,227 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Then a 30 ounce Estwing Hammer should work perfect!!! Git er dun!!!!

T.
Caveman style! Ive done that more than once. Beat the dam thing into submission

Old 07-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Well, Ive completed stage one of this experiment, received my Pioneer Ts 6900, got em off Rain Forest...used-very good, I think they were! They looked new, box was a little beat up and retaped..$75! I was losing some CC points if I didn't do something with them, so turned then into gift certificate! I had to shave some tabs off the BT adapter brackets and used longer screws for the speaks! I put one in and compared it to the HAT's (BT 6x9's) the Poneer's were louder and crisper.. not quite as accurate as the HAT's but HAT's sounded a little muddy-er, (under water) I was impressed! Out on the road it bought the whole soundstage to a different level, biggest improvement since I went from 520 D to 4180!! WOW... hats off to T for finding this speaker, thanks T!!

Last edited by Moto Mike; 07-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Mike
After hearing you sled today with a little eq tunning on the rear stage you have one hell of a set up now brother.( I have a very good idea of the sound you are shooting for.)
Those pro 6900 filled your rear stage very well.
Once you have your system dialed in it is going to be hard to beat for what you have into it.
You and Yooper have the goods for the $$ invested as I have heard both till yooper did the horns in the lids and I haven't heard his personally YET!!!

Congrats Mike to getting closer to catching that mythical bitch

The following users liked this post:
Moto Mike (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 12:55 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Can the DD Audio VO-M6x9's be bought online? I'm interested in trying a pair but I can find them anywhere after doing a search. I'm not close to any brick and mortar stores.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
Can the DD Audio VO-M6x9's be bought online? I'm interested in trying a pair but I can find them anywhere after doing a search. I'm not close to any brick and mortar stores.
No they can not be bought online only thru a brick and mortar shop

HogPilot54 (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 08:29 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
Drop me a note bother.....if there is no one around you we can request an exception.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Kitsoldman
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Just to make sure I'm reading all this correctly, if I'm the kind of guy who is planning on the DD AWs up front, takes my TP off in the summer and does NOT have lowers or in the bag speakers, I still want the Pioneers for my lids, correct?
aw and at up front and pioneer pro in the lids driven by a arc 600.4 is what I'm running and it sounds great even at 70 mph. I will say with the mex 70 I don't seem to have good command over the mid frequency range and heavily saturated guitars don't sound quite right but I'm learning to live with it. I think you'll be very happy with your speaker selection.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

I want to comment on the sound of the TS 6900's! After my first impression of the TS's, where I was very impressed with the volume and crisp sound of the Pioneer's, I took a long 6 hr. ride with them on Sunday! I will say they are loud, crisp, and clean, but the harshness of the horn, especially on guitar solo's can be cringe worthy! I am now going to put them on their own side of the TN 900 so they have their own gain control! I am still going to try the VO 6x9's! I might try to add a horn to the VO's if I miss some highs, but the 7.1's might handle the highs on my rear stage! If I add horns to the VO's I think I will also use the DD's cc 2 X-over with the 5 level of tweeter attenuation on said x-over, from 0 to -12 for control of the horns! Kitsoldman, I hear ya on the heavily saturated guitar passages not sounding right!

Old 08-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

On to the 2nd stage of this experiment... installed the VO 6x9's yesterday, played with them in the garage a bit...set gains ect..set x-over at 80 HZ 18 slope gain 0 on the 998! I took a 2 hr. ride today..nice mid bass punch..very smooth sounding speaker! They are loud and fairly accurate, would probably be more accurate if I was not sending high frequencies to it that it was not made to produce, needs to be band passed!! So I am really liking the VO's will probably add B3 horns and cc2 x-over to clean up the sound a little! The Pioneer 6900's were loud and but not at all accurate or musical..BRASH is the word that comes to mind about the horn! Just my opinion and a little up date..guys that have had both speaks wyd ya think!

Old 08-04-2017, 08:46 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
On to the 2nd stage of this experiment... installed the VO 6x9's yesterday, played with them in the garage a bit...set gains ect..set x-over at 80 HZ 18 slope gain 0 on the 998! I took a 2 hr. ride today..nice mid bass punch..very smooth sounding speaker! They are loud and fairly accurate, would probably be more accurate if I was not sending high frequencies to it that it was not made to produce, needs to be band passed!! So I am really liking the VO's will probably add B3 horns and cc2 x-over to clean up the sound a little! The Pioneer 6900's were loud and but not at all accurate or musical..BRASH is the word that comes to mind about the horn! Just my opinion and a little up date..guys that have had both speaks wyd ya think!
I think that's pretty darn accurate. Glad you liked the VO6X9's!

Moto Mike (08-04-2017)

Quick Reply: Pioneer TS 6900 vs Vo M 6x9