Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Gilde & Road Glide Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 06:34 AM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Street Gilde & Road Glide Fairing

Out of curiosity, which of these fairings offers more space for amps and speakers?

Old 07-01-2017, 07:04 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

RG, at least on a 13 down. You can get two amps one on each side between the glove box and the inner fairing side wall. Still leaves you a little room above the HU for a small/micro amp to run horns if you wanted. You also have more room to cut in holes on the inner for a set of horns than a batwing. I am thinking on my next audio upgrade of removing my glove boxes (don't use them) and sealing the doors to the fairing. This would allow for two much larger amps than my RF TX amps in those spaces. If I did I would add some inner fairing braces to mount the amps to. Now I have some 1" aluminum angle epoxied in as supports, Velcro on amps and fairing to secure them, and the glove boxes sandwich them tightly in place. If I got rid of the glove boxes, I know I need a means of securing the amps to something more than just the inner fairing.

Last edited by BaggerBill103; 07-01-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:33 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

I have a 14 batwing and a 15 RG in my garage right now. Theres no doubt that the RG has more space and it's not close. The RG (pdevores bike) has two Diamond 4v2s, one on each side of the fairing, an Arc 600.4 behind the headlight in the "stock" amp location, a Arc DSP under the radio, a Mosconi Pico under the radio as well as 4-fuse distribution block for the juice and two LOCs to route the signal to the right place. The batwing has an amp over the radio, an amp on the BT Bracket on the clutch side and I'd be hard pressed to fit a ketchup packet in there after that. That's an easy answer, RG by far

Old 07-01-2017, 08:27 AM
flcusat
Tourer

Thanks guys.
That's what I though but wanted to confirm.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:32 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cpbedor
I have a 14 batwing and a 15 RG in my garage right now. Theres no doubt that the RG has more space and it's not close. The RG (pdevores bike) has two Diamond 4v2s, one on each side of the fairing, an Arc 600.4 behind the headlight in the "stock" amp location, a Arc DSP under the radio, a Mosconi Pico under the radio as well as 4-fuse distribution block for the juice and two LOCs to route the signal to the right place. The batwing has an amp over the radio, an amp on the BT Bracket on the clutch side and I'd be hard pressed to fit a ketchup packet in there after that. That's an easy answer, RG by far
Pdevores fit all that in there? Shix, I would love to see what he did with the fairing harness. I am thinking of breaking mine apart all the way (already did some) shortening and eliminating what is not used. I can't fit anything below my head unit due to the wire harness. Very impressive work to fit all that he has in.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:37 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

The fairing will limit/ dictate which amps you can use. The batwing will give you more options.
I have the DD D4 amp that fit great in my batwing but won't fit in my sharknose. That is with keeping the stock hu.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:15 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

B-Bill, shoot me a PM with a number I can text you at. It's here with the fairing off, I can take pics from any and every angle you'd like. It's really quite a miracle that he has all this in here. I'd love to take credit for fitting it in there but that was all pete. Pretty incredible actually

Old 07-01-2017, 09:50 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain

B-Bill, shoot me a PM with a number I can text you at. It's here with the fairing off, I can take pics from any and every angle you'd like. It's really quite a miracle that he has all this in here. I'd love to take credit for fitting it in there but that was all pete. Pretty incredible actually
That would be great. Thanks! Sending you a PM now. If it's Pete at DA Performance, he for sure has the ability to fit 10lbs of shix in a 5lb bag.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:08 AM
flcusat
Tourer

Do you mind posting those pictures later here, so we can all learn?
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:56 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

I can't post them because Photobucket is the only image shrinker/hosting place I was using or knew how to use and they just went **** up along with all my pics so I'm stuck with text. Plus it's not my ride, it's Pete's so if he wants to post them he sure can.