Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

16 rgs ,adding speakers and amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 05:22 AM
HD2FLY
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 16 rgs ,adding speakers and amp

Hey guys, I want to add a 4channel amp and 6 x9's in bags on my 16 Road Glide Special w/ 6.5 Boom, I'm totally lost.😬 I was told a sound stream amp would work well? I have been reading and reading and still know not enough to be Dangerous..LoL. Reading about the new J &M amps with built in programmable digital sound processor sounds better in theory , but probably not as clean as the biketronics 4180 , but the line levelers from BT seem to be just a patch and both systems don't allow fading,not sure if really needed...? I have a pair of Focal 165 KRC's with crossovers for fairing 4 ohms, and still need to get 6 X9's for bag lid's...Just thought I would ask some brothers who have been though all this... Thanks,Vann

Old 06-28-2017, 05:39 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by HD2FLY
Hey guys, I want to add a 4channel amp and 6 x9's in bags on my 16 Road Glide Special w/ 6.5 Boom, I'm totally lost.😬 I was told a sound stream amp would work well? I have been reading and reading and still know not enough to be Dangerous..LoL. Reading about the new J &M amps with built in programmable digital sound processor sounds better in theory , but probably not as clean as the biketronics 4180 , but the line levelers from BT seem to be just a patch and both systems don't allow fading,not sure if really needed...? I have a pair of Focal 165 KRC's with crossovers for fairing 4 ohms, and still need to get 6 X9's for bag lid's...Just thought I would ask some brothers who have been though all this... Thanks,Vann
Go with an Arc Moto 600.4 amp and a set of DD VO-M69 for your lids. Hit up Alex@baggeraudio.com He's got what you need.

The following users liked this post:
HD2FLY (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 05:49 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

What's ur budget for an amp and the bag lid 6x9s?

Ur gonna have a very hard time beating the Pioneer Pro TS6900 in the lids!!! Do a forum search for reviews.

Ur budget will determine the amp.

T.

HD2FLY (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 06:48 AM
HD2FLY
Intermediate

Yes, I did read about the pioneers, and planning to go that way. They are def in Budget. Looking at more plug and play cause I don't know much about setting audio up 😬 I have yet to find a sound shop anywhere around Va/ NC that has experience w new Harley.. Boom 6.5 Ext..Thanks, Vann

Old 06-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Yes, I did read about the pioneers, and planning to go that way. They are def in Budget. Looking at more plug and play cause I don't know much about setting audio up 😬 I have yet to find a sound shop anywhere around Va/ NC that has experience w new Harley.. Boom 6.5 Ext..Thanks, Vann
Just take some time to research the hell out of solid four channel amps in your price range. My hands down favorite is the Hertz HDP4 but requires the JM amp tray do be sure to factor that cost in. ARC Moto 600.4 is solid for sure!!! Would not due the 4180 ONLY because it does not have dials on it or end user computer programming capability. Great amp though for dudes that just want to plug shix in and do not have picky ears.

All u really need for "plug and play" are the Biketronics BT355s for your year and model sled. The rest is basic wiring.

The scosch power and ground kits made specifically for sleds makes the install damn easy as well. 8 awg or 10awg depending on the amp.

U got this bro!!! No need for a local shop.

T.

HD2FLY (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,258 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just take some time to research the hell out of solid four channel amps in your price range. My hands down favorite is the Hertz HDP4 but requires the JM amp tray

T.
Does the Hertz HDP4 lose FM reception?

Old 06-28-2017, 06:22 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

Yes an hdp4 will kill FM

Old 06-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
Yes an hdp4 will kill FM
The HDP4 is hit and miss on FM reception.
When I installed that amp in my bike with the stock 6.5 headunit FM was degraded a little bit that is most class D amps as they will cause interference.

HD2FLY (06-28-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 09:21 PM
HD2FLY
Intermediate
Default 16 RGS Fairing speakers

Gentlemen, will the Focal 165 KRC's bolt in my fairing or do I need an adaptor? Thanks, Vann

Old 07-02-2017, 10:38 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

Hold the line on the HDP4. It's going in a Road Glide. Have we confirmed that it will fit up there? My gut says that it will not.

Quick Reply: 16 rgs ,adding speakers and amp