Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Boar 6x9 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:35 PM
SteveSimpleton
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Boar 6x9 speakers

Has anybody heard these yet. Been out a while and I have searched high and low for forum member reviews (especially the routine audio guys on here) and can find nothing on the internet anywhere?? I am sure Hogtunes has displayed them at bike events, but I can find no one with an opinion. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:36 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveSimpleton
Has anybody heard these yet. Been out a while and I have searched high and low for forum member reviews (especially the routine audio guys on here) and can find nothing on the internet anywhere?? I am sure Hogtunes has displayed them at bike events, but I can find no one with an opinion. Thanks.
the "go to" 6x9 speaker around these circles is the pioneer pro 6900. probly the best bang for your buck in 6x9 coaxial
i saw them on ebay for $450. id guarantee they arent 4x the speaker that the pioneers are

Last edited by yooperhog; 06-14-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 PM
SteveSimpleton
3rd Gear

Yooper,

Yeah I know that they are pricey. For those dollars my preference would be HAT Imagines or Arc Moto's for sound quality and power handling. I have heard a lot of good words on the Pioneers and definitely not as pricey for the quality sound. I ride all weather and actually touring up your way and over to Minnesota in July. I was just wondering if they had stepped their game up to be in that audio dollar range. I am running HAT's and Biketronics amp in my Dragonfly fairing on Road King and was looking at adding saddlebag speakers. Rain is almost inevitable on long rides of a week or more at some point and if the audio quality was there, then I don't have to worry much about water in my bags or having to stop and put on lid covers, etc. according to their guarantee with their lids and speakers. Worth a couple extra $$ to me for peace of mind.... Just amazed nobody that I can see has reviewed them to bash them or praise them?? Should see if they want to give a set away to get someone to review from a rider perspective??

Old 06-14-2017, 08:10 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Yooper,

Yeah I know that they are pricey. For those dollars my preference would be HAT Imagines or Arc Moto's for sound quality and power handling. I have heard a lot of good words on the Pioneers and definitely not as pricey for the quality sound. I ride all weather and actually touring up your way and over to Minnesota in July. I was just wondering if they had stepped their game up to be in that audio dollar range. I am running HAT's and Biketronics amp in my Dragonfly fairing on Road King and was looking at adding saddlebag speakers. Rain is almost inevitable on long rides of a week or more at some point and if the audio quality was there, then I don't have to worry much about water in my bags or having to stop and put on lid covers, etc. according to their guarantee with their lids and speakers. Worth a couple extra $$ to me for peace of mind.... Just amazed nobody that I can see has reviewed them to bash them or praise them?? Should see if they want to give a set away to get someone to review from a rider perspective??
i think with the lackluster performance of many of their previous products, most members here are reluctant to spend that kinda money on an unproven product
if your looking for a rear fill mid woofer, all weather, marine rated, check out DD AUDIO. they have a terriffic 6x9 VO series 6x9

Last edited by yooperhog; 06-14-2017 at 08:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SteveSimpleton (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Yooper,

Shix brotha, for the price difference buy 3 sets of Pioneer Pro TS6900s and a roll of melatone grill cloth from parts express then treat that shix with Camp Dry or Scotch Guard and u could probably get a job with the NWS as a storm chaser for a couple years and still come out ahead!!!

T.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 PM
SteveSimpleton
3rd Gear

Tailwind,

LOL. I hear what you are saying. Not set on them, just wanted to hear some personal experience hearing them. If they are the same old, then not an option. Might have to give serious thought to your suggestion. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:03 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Tailwind,

LOL. I hear what you are saying. Not set on them, just wanted to hear some personal experience hearing them. If they are the same old, then not an option. Might have to give serious thought to your suggestion. Thanks.
just an fyi in a very gracious manner yo all who read, some people here may invest alot of money in their sounds, but trust me, that is on products that have been vigorously tested and shine, we hate to see anyone spend their hard earned ching on something that probly isnt worth it

Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 AM
hogtunes
Former Sponsor

Hey there, I am not sure if this is allowed, if not please advise. I am Susan from Hogtunes. These speakers are new and we are looking for some members to sample them as well as other Wild Boar Audio products for us for feedback. My email is susan@hogtunes.com.
Again, if I am over stepping here please let me know. I am fairly new to the forum and still navigating the rules.
Thanks

Old 06-16-2017, 08:33 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hogtunes
Hey there, I am not sure if this is allowed, if not please advise. I am Susan from Hogtunes. These speakers are new and we are looking for some members to sample them as well as other Wild Boar Audio products for us for feedback. My email is susan@hogtunes.com.
Again, if I am over stepping here please let me know. I am fairly new to the forum and still navigating the rules.
Thanks
well, cant go wrong with that deal

Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Hahaha. Just about to form an opinion.

New product is always welcome! It's the only way we can grow. I would be stoked to try a set out. You can even have them back.

I think most will agree....cost is very important. No one wants to get shanghaied! I for one love quality products. Just can't afford to be a guinea pig......

BTW hogtune​s, I just install your lids. Can't say enough. You guys make great products, thank you!

Last edited by jt metal; 06-16-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Wild Boar 6x9 speakers