Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy audio idea looking for input and ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Dazoc
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Crazy audio idea looking for input and ideas.

For my road king I have the old boom audio player. It works through my phones 3.5 headphone jack.

Here is my brainstorm?!? to make song skipping and pausing possible without having to have my phone visible.

Some headphones have a pause/play feature inline in the headphone wire.
So use one of those strip it open to expose board. Purchase an OE audio control that goes into the handlebar by the cruise, run wiring through bars and hardware into the board. Then use the controls for play pause and skip while phone is in the saddlebag or tour pack charging.

Does anyone know the setup from the audio control, looks like 4 wires, up, down, left and right? Would that be able to be used into the headphone board?

I know I have an idea, not much knowledge to work with. But I think it would be nice to have thumb control and have it look clean and OE.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eli

Attached Thumbnails Crazy audio idea looking for input and ideas.-img_0541.png   Crazy audio idea looking for input and ideas.-img_0539.png   Crazy audio idea looking for input and ideas.-img_0540.png