Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes amp/speaker kit for Rushmore Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Hogtunes amp/speaker kit for Rushmore Street Glide

Anyone have any first hand experience with the hogtunes amp/speaker kit for the Rushmore Street Glide? I am looking at audio options and I have used their products before on a 2005 Ultra Classic with good results.

TX in advance

Lon

Old 05-14-2017, 09:07 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
Anyone have any first hand experience with the hogtunes amp/speaker kit for the Rushmore Street Glide? I am looking at audio options and I have used their products before on a 2005 Ultra Classic with good results.

TX in advance

Lon
well. how much does that system cost and what is included?

Old 05-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperhog
well. how much does that system cost and what is included?
I guess that might help, huh? I was thinking of the $429 kit with amp/2 speakers,

http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/streetglide.html

Lon

Old 05-14-2017, 09:28 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
I guess that might help, huh? I was thinking of the $429 kit with amp/2 speakers,

http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/streetglide.html

Lon
my $.02 worth... keep reading this forum, and keep asking questions...you will not be happy with that system goin down the road at 70mph. i started with a pair of hogtune speakers just like that, and for what its worth, they got smoked trying to keep up with a pair of $107 kappa infinity. dont be fooled into plug and play set ups, every amp install includes removing the gas tank and hiding your wires in the tray underneath it.
more members are biund to chime in with suggestions, my best advice is to perhaps spend a bit more the first time and be happy with the results as opposed to trying to sell that system used for half of what you paid for it and then upgrade. i hope this helps

The following users liked this post:
Teufelhunden (05-14-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 07:40 AM
steve86gt
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that set up on my 16 SG, I got it for 320 from partsgiant.com. For a budget set up is not too bad. I know that everyone would prefer to go with a better quality setup, but I've been pretty happy. My bike is bone stock and running down the road at 70+ mph I can hear the stereo just fine. I will admit that the install was a few hours on a Friday evening and now I have the bug to add more speakers. And the most important question is, are you going to keep adding on later, or just stick with the fairing speakers? That will also help point you in the right direction.

Last edited by steve86gt; 07-09-2017 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 07-09-2017, 08:19 AM
steve86gt
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=yooperhog;16235491]my $.02 worth... keep reading this forum, and keep asking questions...you will not be happy with that system goin down the road at 70mph. i started with a pair of hogtune speakers just like that, and for what its worth, they got smoked trying to keep up with a pair of $107 kappa infinity. dont be fooled into plug and play set ups, every amp install includes removing the gas tank and hiding your wires in the tray underneath it.
more members are biund to chime in with suggestions, my best advice is to perhaps spend a bit more the first time and be happy with the results as opposed to trying to sell that system used for half of what you paid for it and then upgrade. i hope this helps[/QUOTE
Usually the plug and play part refers to the fact that the radio doesn't need to be flashed by the dealer. That was what drew me to the Hogtunes stuff, my nearest dealer is about 120 miles away.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 392 Posts

I would agree with Yooper

Do some more reading before you jump into a purchase of a plug and play system.

I would suggest do the best you can afford in the fairing set up as it will be the most you would hear going down the road.
If it requires that you to wait a little longer and save up a few more pennies to get The best components you can get. Once you get bite by the audio bug you will be wanting more out of your system in a month or so.

The following users liked this post:
chopper_man (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 09:50 AM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 971 Posts

Thanks for the feedback thus far, very much appreciate!. With the Mmats PA601.cx being 4ohm wouldn't I loose some volume? If I'm reading it right the Stinger is 175W @ 2ohm, and 125W @ 4ohm?

Old 04-28-2020, 12:21 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 727 Likes on 486 Posts

Ummmm

Old 04-28-2020, 12:26 PM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 971 Posts

Wrong thread! Sorry!

Quick Reply: Hogtunes amp/speaker kit for Rushmore Street Glide