Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 ultra limited Speaker Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:11 PM
mmacfn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb 2015 ultra limited Speaker Upgrade

Ok need some help as a new owner.

I want to change out my speakers in the back as they seem to be blown. The fronts seem fine.

Here is what i want to know:

- What speakers would you suggest which are excellent? (front and back)

- Should i do all 4 instead of just replacing the rears?

- Do i need to do anything else or will the speakers be an easy swap out plug and play?

I dont have a dollar limit but obviously nothing crazy. I want to make sure that whatever i get they wont get blown and sound great

Old 05-09-2017, 10:55 AM
micmoren
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

others with way more knowledge will undoubtedly chime in, but unless you go with a stock replacement or something similar (2ohm speakers), you will need more than just speakers. You will need an amp, front/rear speakers, a line leveler or 2, breakout harness (if you want to keep fade control), speaker grills, speaker brackets for the front (depending on which speaker you go with), wiring kit, etc.

So, best bet is to throw up a budget min/max to give the guys here a line with which to work. There are several threads with budget, mid, and high dollar builds to give you an idea.

I replaced the front/rears on my 2016 Limited. If you just want direct replacement stock speakers, PM me and we can work out a deal on the ones I took out of my tour pak.

Michael

Old 05-09-2017, 05:55 PM
mmacfn
Cruiser

Well im willing to spend about 1000$ to upgrade the system.

Just not sure what to get and if i can do it myself?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:14 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

easy!
That's an awesome budget. get a hold of alex at bagger audio lab, he's a sponsor here and designs everything from competition bikes to budget builds. He will dial you in properly with the equipment. As for being able to do it yourself, the answer is yes, you can do this yourself. Countless people have shown up here with the same ability and knowledge as you, never having done this before. The support here is endless and timely and collectively we will all get your stereo installed and cranking.

Things you'll need for sure:
1. Biketronics Brackets to replace the pods. Very few speakers will drop right into those pods.
2. Biketronics Line Leveler, BT355, to flatten out the crappy EQ that the Boom head unit sends out.
3. 10 feet of power cable and 10 feet of ground cable with ring terminals to connect to the battery
4. an inline fuse/holder to be placed on the power to protect your amp
5. you will need RCAs but hold off until we figure out what amp you're going to run
6. You'll need to get 20 feet of 18ga speaker wire.

That's sort of the basics to start with. Shoot alex a PM and he will get you going on the rest and will stay in your budget brotha. We'll get you where you wanna be.

The following users liked this post:
mmacfn (05-09-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 06:26 PM
mmacfn
Cruiser

How do i get ahold of Alex? I cant see anything with bagger audio lab listed?

Originally Posted by cpbedor
easy!
That's an awesome budget. get a hold of alex at bagger audio lab, he's a sponsor here and designs everything from competition bikes to budget builds. He will dial you in properly with the equipment. As for being able to do it yourself, the answer is yes, you can do this yourself. Countless people have shown up here with the same ability and knowledge as you, never having done this before. The support here is endless and timely and collectively we will all get your stereo installed and cranking.

Things you'll need for sure:
1. Biketronics Brackets to replace the pods. Very few speakers will drop right into those pods.
2. Biketronics Line Leveler, BT355, to flatten out the crappy EQ that the Boom head unit sends out.
3. 10 feet of power cable and 10 feet of ground cable with ring terminals to connect to the battery
4. an inline fuse/holder to be placed on the power to protect your amp
5. you will need RCAs but hold off until we figure out what amp you're going to run
6. You'll need to get 20 feet of 18ga speaker wire.

That's sort of the basics to start with. Shoot alex a PM and he will get you going on the rest and will stay in your budget brotha. We'll get you where you wanna be.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:29 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

alex@baggeraudiolab.com
or find his name in a thread in this section and PM him. won't have to look far.

The following users liked this post:
mmacfn (05-09-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 06:30 PM
mmacfn
Cruiser

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by cpbedor
alex@baggeraudiolab.com
or find his name in a thread in this section and PM him. won't have to look far.