Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 road glide ultra upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:58 AM
ardakota
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 17 road glide ultra upgrade

Ok after months of reading studying making decisions and then reading something else and changing my decision only to change it several more times I am going to call and end to this if I dont like it i will change it but going with a soundstream pn4.520amp biketronics breakout kit. (I know you dont neccesarily have to have the rears powered but they are on it they are going to be powered) I also wanted to be able to take my stuff back off and put back to stock form rather quickly in case i trade in the future. Decided on polk db652 speakers front and back. Thats what I decided right or wrong Im just tired my brain is fried. So does anyone run this setup?

Old 05-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I don't or won't run this setup but curious why u r asking if u already made up ur mind?

T

Old 05-06-2017, 03:16 PM
ardakota
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I don't or won't run this setup but curious why u r asking if u already made up ur mind?

T
maybe tips or tricks someone has used I have seen alot of your posts and as you know when it comes to audio nothings set in stone.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by ardakota
maybe tips or tricks someone has used I have seen alot of your posts and as you know when it comes to audio nothings set in stone.
Nothing at all brotha. Just wanted to make sure what u were asking so we did not try and talk u off the ledge and waste ur time.

Git we dun!!!!!

T.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:21 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Just do it....Congrats...Report back.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by ardakota
Ok after months of reading studying making decisions and then reading something else and changing my decision only to change it several more times I am going to call and end to this if I dont like it i will change it but going with a soundstream pn4.520amp biketronics breakout kit. (I know you dont neccesarily have to have the rears powered but they are on it they are going to be powered) I also wanted to be able to take my stuff back off and put back to stock form rather quickly in case i trade in the future. Decided on polk db652 speakers front and back. Thats what I decided right or wrong Im just tired my brain is fried. So does anyone run this setup?
Yes. I ran that set up about 8 years ago. Run the DB's in the rear pods and get yourself a set of Infinity Kappa 62.11i's for the fairing. The DB's will fade in the fairing at about 50 mph. Otherwise a decent budget set up.

The following users liked this post:
twspalm (05-29-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Yes. I ran that set up about 8 years ago. Run the DB's in the rear pods and get yourself a set of Infinity Kappa 62.11i's for the fairing. The DB's will fade in the fairing at about 50 mph. Otherwise a decent budget set up.
I like Gan ran this set up in ancient times, only I ran a set of db components in the fairing and various 6.5 speakers in my pods (RF, Arc, Rainbow, Focal, ect) It sounded better than the original Hog Tunes 32 rms system I had in my bike! My concern is that if you run the front and rear in parallel off the 520 you will need to have 4 4ohm speakers, I don't think the Kappa's will work as they are 2 ohm...right? If you run 4 DB's you should be good!

Old 05-07-2017, 04:59 PM
ardakota
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I notice some have been talking about the alpine spr 60 would that be something i might look at I really am just wanting a little louder nothing like the bike i heard the other day had 2k in his arc audio amped system and i could hear his music over mine riding behind him it had to be way too loud sitting right next to his speakers. Or would you go ahead and just run the kappas front and back? This is so danged nerve racking I have been working on this since february one person pulls you one way someone else pulls you another I dont need for the next bike behind me to hear my radio and am not worried about competitions I just want a little louder and clearer than stock. I have the amp from what i read has been used alot over the years its not the latest and greatest but from what i read it still works. If I can decide on speakers I will have it all but the install.

Last edited by ardakota; 05-07-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I like Gan ran this set up in ancient times, only I ran a set of db components in the fairing and various 6.5 speakers in my pods (RF, Arc, Rainbow, Focal, ect) It sounded better than the original Hog Tunes 32 rms system I had in my bike! My concern is that if you run the front and rear in parallel off the 520 you will need to have 4 4ohm speakers, I don't think the Kappa's will work as they are 2 ohm...right? If you run 4 DB's you should be good!
Oops my bad... the 520 being a 4 channel amp will run the Kappas off the front 2 channels and the DB's off the rear channels with no problem. they would not be wired in parallel..duh!

Old 05-08-2017, 12:32 PM
ardakota
Road Captain

ok a buddy gave me a pair of jbl gto 638 I have everything ordered except for the polks do you guys think the jbl is something that could go in the tourpack pods ok.. I know I am not putting togethor a competition setup not my intention but likely better then the boom audio at a fraction of the cost.

Quick Reply: 17 road glide ultra upgrade