Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Road King S. Bluetooth controller on handlebars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 06:47 AM
Big Cat USA
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Advan Black lowers, Hertz MPX 165 speakers, Wetsounds amp and Wetsounds BT control ****. Sounds loud and clear.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:11 AM
Big Cat USA
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by meangreen02
Look at WETSOUNDS controller, had one on my king before it got totaled and loved it! Has the control you are looking for. I drilled a hole in the housing that holds the speedo and it looked clean and functioned well. Just make sure you measure three times!!
The Wetsounds controller is pretty awesome. Wired directly into the amp.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:12 PM
Dazoc
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bt 344

Talk to biketronics about their BT344. I installed the handlebar controls into my bars on my road king and then ran the wires into a BT 344. Ran that into a 2250 amp, I can now mount my phone, have Nav over the speakers, run pandora, or regular phone music through my speakers. Can control volume, play/pause, skip, while leaving my hands where they need to be. Was some work to add switches and pull extra wire, but looks clean and factory. Still buttoning it all up and waiting for a nice day to do a test ride, but it rocks I’m the garage for now. I can send a few pictures of the setup if that helps. Not 100% finished, but may be helpful for a start.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:53 PM
LowRod_240
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazoc
Talk to biketronics about their BT344. I installed the handlebar controls into my bars on my road king and then ran the wires into a BT 344. Ran that into a 2250 amp, I can now mount my phone, have Nav over the speakers, run pandora, or regular phone music through my speakers. Can control volume, play/pause, skip, while leaving my hands where they need to be. Was some work to add switches and pull extra wire, but looks clean and factory. Still buttoning it all up and waiting for a nice day to do a test ride, but it rocks I’m the garage for now. I can send a few pictures of the setup if that helps. Not 100% finished, but may be helpful for a start.
I'm interested in this handlebar mount but couldn't find any info on Biketronics website. Can you post a picture. Thanks

Old 03-29-2018, 04:23 PM
Dazoc
Advanced
Default Bt 355

This is the module. Mike at Biketronics told me about it. May want to send him an email for more info. Pretty slick little module.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Dazoc
Advanced
Old 03-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Dazoc
Advanced

I have the instructions in a pdf for the BT344, if you want pm me and I can email it to you.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:22 AM
MNRiding
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

I called Biketronics, and asked about their handlebar controller for a Road King. The person who answered the phone said they do not have anything.

Can you confirm this is available, and let me what all is needed to make this set up work? Did you buy new Harley Switches with the audio controller?

Old 03-30-2018, 09:37 AM
Dazoc
Advanced

OE, buttons from harley
Bt 344 with my 2250 amp still have to clean it up a little, made it all with quick disconnects under the side cover, so the saddle bag can still be pulled off

It’s not really a handlebar mount kit. I bought the audio switches from Harley, installed them into the empty control holes in the bars, pulled extra long wires through the bars and down the bike under the tank. I then installed the bt 344 into my saddle bag. Would of also fit under the right side cover. Which I may move it there later. Then wired it all up to the battery and the bar controls. Ran the bt 344 into a 2250 amp and amp into the 4 speakers 2 in lowers and two in bag lids.

Last edited by Dazoc; 03-30-2018 at 09:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Big Cat USA (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 06:27 PM
MNRiding
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

It’s not really a handlebar mount kit. I bought the audio switches from Harley, installed them into the empty control holes in the bars, pulled extra long wires through the bars and down the bike under the tank. I then installed the bt 344 into my saddle bag. Would of also fit under the right side cover. Which I may move it there later. Then wired it all up to the battery and the bar controls. Ran the bt 344 into a 2250 amp and amp into the 4 speakers 2 in lowers and two in bag lids.
This seems like it is by far the best solution for controls on a Road King. I emailed Biketronics last Friday and am waiting to hear back. Not to be a pain with my questions, but want to clarify exactly what is needed and how this works, in order to move ahead. I have a Soundz SS4.100 and lower fairing speakers and speaker lids. So I can add the the Harley audio control switches, and run the wiring from the audio switch directly into the BT344? Then BT344 runs to the amp? Is the BT344 a Bluetooth to your phone then?

Thanks for assistance Dazoc!

Quick Reply: 2017 Road King S. Bluetooth controller on handlebars?