Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more review threads....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:54 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
IB would like to hear from the community.
Are you by chance the same Rob that killed the MODF over at mil.com?

Originally Posted by slyedog
That is life and uncontrollable. But keep in mind a turd will not do a review in a manner that meets the criteria of a review without a sales pitch. That would make it a turd. So no sense im getting the cart in front of the horse. I think we have a good group, well balanced ideals, and ultimately we will weed out the bad if needed.
Exactly.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
IB would like to hear from the community.

Are review threads, posted by a sponsor who carries the items being reviewed something you want, or don't want here in the Audio section?
Yes!!!

This is nothing new and has been going on in other areas of these forums. Here's part of my reply to another thread in this forum.

The reviews Alex posts are technically oriented in nature that include technical information on his R&D, with videos without pushing any one product and without SPAMMING others. This is extremely popular to forum members and are excepted in other non classified areas of these forums.

For one example take the thread started by Fuel Moto 2017 Milwaukee Eight dyno testing & information in the Touring forum. It starts off with technical documentation, dyno charts and a review of the then new M8 engine. The thread then evolves into products that FM develops, tests, reviews and sells to forum members without SPAMMING others. Much the same as Alex is trying to do. This is the stuff forum member want and love. With 780 replies, and almost 194,000 views in one FM thread I would say this is a big win for IB, Vendors and Forum members.

Izzo, I would like to say thank you for putting BAL's review back up and allowing us to discuss this in the open. I hope IB can see that these reviews are beneficial to all involved as long as they are done in a professional manner.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm just baffled we are still even talking about this.
If the moderator cannot figure out what are successful dialogues versus what are cancerous dialogues then this ship is gonna hit the rocks hard and we will all move on to a different venue. Simple shix, thus my previous post clearly describing the BS we don't want around here.
This Audio forum is doing better than ever as an integrity based and self policed environment and better than all other forums going so maybe IB and the Moderator just need to get the hell out of the way and model all of their forums after this platform.
Not trying to pour gas in this situation, but just trying to provide honest feedback for the administration that owns these recent self inflicted wounds/distractions.

It really is simple. If it feels like ur selling us shix then we don't want u around this section of the forum. If ur providing credible insight/input regarding the technical application and performance of any product, u are more than welcome and we are grateful for your involvement.

Common sensical? U would think!!! In most fields they call this paralysis by analysis caused by inadequate policy guidance and protocols ultimately the result of being out of touch with the front lines that make it all happen. .

Just sayin!!!

T