Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more review threads....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:22 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

We value your expertise and professionalism and will support you regardless of the outcome.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks brother, I appreciate that!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:26 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

I found this in the vendor section and I think a professional unbiased review meets this threshold. My reviews are always technical in nature and never do I solicit business.

Vendors ARE PERMITTED to start new threads in technical sections, but they MUST be technical oriented in nature and not direct solicitations.
An example of a few titles that are acceptable threads in tech sections:
a. How to install new brake pads.
b. How to change your oil
c. How to install new exhaust

An example of a few titles that are not acceptable threads in tech sections:
a. Hawk brake pads now on sale at stuffforsale.com
b. Come check out our sale prices on oil
c. New exhaust systems in stock!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:33 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Take it up with IB. Your review does not meet the how to criteria. This thread is now closed. Please do not start another.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Robb M.
Internet Brands
Received 1,130 Likes on 657 Posts

IB would like to hear from the community.

Are review threads, posted by a sponsor who carries the items being reviewed something you want, or don't want here in the Audio section?

Old 04-26-2017, 08:15 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Reviews of products that are technical in nature, Yes.
Reviews that just say "we have tried this product and it is great" NO.
Reviews should not have any sales pitch or offering of said item for sale.
I think product reviews should have asome limitations set in them also. I don't want to see the same item "reviewed" 4-5-6 times just so a vendor gets the product in front of people. I would say that no product should have more than 3 new threads in reviews. If a product is gettting reviewed by the vendor then it should have its own thread and titled as "Review of Xxx Xxx" then All subsequent reviews or updates of that product should fall into that thread.

Robb,
I want to thank you and IB for stepping in and asking for the opinions of the people that contribute to this forum. Taking this approach will only grow your brand and this forum.
Thanks
Pete

The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I think the type of product reviews we have here now are good. They highlight new or alternative solutions to those of us trying to improve our sled audio. These reviews have included how these products perform and pros and cons associated with installation and use. Details on pricing and sales have been relegated to private messages and transactions so as to not detract from the knowledge sharing that is taking place.

I would also like to thank IB for soliciting the members feedback on this matter.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:13 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

In my opinion as said in previous post the REVIEWS of equipment should be aloud by a vendor to help the HD FORUM community. As for the Forum being an informational highway for those that are looking for the best and researching products they can afford.
I have came to the Forum numerous times in different areas looking for opinions on various products from engine management to lighting to audio.

As long as the VENDOR that is giving the review is not trying to ,,,,,,,,,PUSH THERE OWN,,,,,,,, product with their product with THEIR company LOGO on said product I see no problem with a review from a VENDOR.

IB & Moderators thank you for the looking for the opinions of the members in making your decisions.

BB

Old 04-26-2017, 09:22 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

how about a product review "Sticky Thread" ???

Old 04-26-2017, 09:25 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

There's a difference between a product review and a sales pitch. I don't care to have a vendor here that concludes every single post with "we've got that, we can help you, PM me" but I NEED the guys at the top of the food chain telling me what else is out there, what's working and what isn't. I've found that reviews in this section have been of an informative nature, sharing an unbiased review of a product they have tried, how it's worked or has not worked and how it compares to the rest of the market options. There's been many times that a review has been posted here stating it's NOT a product they'd recommend and reasons why...that's an honest review!!

Most of us don't have daily exposure to a vast array of audio products, nor do we have the money to grab a new amp, stick it in, see if it sounds good and when it doesn't, tie it to the end of a rope and throw it off the back of the boat. We NEED honest vendors with integrity to share their experience with a variety of products. I will add that this forum in particular has some incredible people that make up its foundation. Those people, along with those of us who have arrived to learn with them, have the ability to sniff out the BS and self-police this forum. If someone is crossing the line, the loyal members here will make certain it gets muted. This is a GOOD group of guys here that care deeply for this section and this community and they will take good care of it.

Thank you Robb for getting input from those of us who sit on this section daily and care about what's written here.

Quick Reply: No more review threads....