Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more review threads....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 06:59 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

That will not be looked upon favorably. Shilling is not allowed. Like I said, you guys hounded out another vendor for doing the same thing, posting reviews of products he sells. Now you want us to look the other way? How is that fair? I'm just trying to enforce the rules you guys insisted on. Now I'm the bad guy. Thanks!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:05 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Alex,
As you know I really like trying new products and letting you and other know what I think about them. If you want a testing guinea pig please feel free to reach out to me. If it fits in a RG I will run it and let others know what I think of it.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:06 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
That will not be looked upon favorably. Shilling is not allowed. Like I said, you guys hounded out another vendor for doing the same thing, posting reviews of products he sells. Now you want us to look the other way? How is that fair? I'm just trying to enforce the rules you guys insisted on. Now I'm the bad guy. Thanks!
Lol, I don't think anyone views you as a bad guy.
Just trying to figure out a way to keep reviews in the audio forum. That's where, just speaking for myself, I thinks it's the most valuable location for folks looking for info. It creates a lot of cross talk that many folks benefit from. If there was a way to work it out that would be great, if not I'm sure it will be just fine.
Again this is just my opinion and is literally shared by NO ONE...

Old 04-19-2017, 07:12 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Reviews are fine. I think they're great. Just not from a vendor that sells the items. We don't allow any vendors to do it in any other part of HD Forums. Audio is no different.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:15 PM
Mikes145
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 102 Posts

Can't you just post on here that you have some reviews on your own website, BaggerAudioLab? I'm new here and not well versed on audio on bikes but your website needs some help. I'm sure you're great at what you do and it sounds like alot of people on HDForums appreciate your help.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:29 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikes145
Can't you just post on here that you have some reviews on your own website, BaggerAudioLab? I'm new here and not well versed on audio on bikes but your website needs some help. I'm sure you're great at what you do and it sounds like alot of people on HDForums appreciate your help.
Website design and hosting for a decent site takes time and money. Cost of goods goes up to cover the expenses. Best to just do a fair end user review or something and go from there. I have done it as some others. Unfortunately for things to be " fair " IB Brands has to moderate policy. Have seen it in engine side as well. Best I can say is to link a Facebook review of products on BAL Facebook page and post link. That should eliminate any violation as the source is not hosted off of the forum severs.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Like I said, you guys hounded out another vendor for doing the same thing, posting reviews of products he sells.
No argument here, that's exactly what we did with the other guy. That being said, the current reviews are handled much more professionally, but rules are rules.

So.....is there any issue with posting the review in the vendor section and than simply putting a post in the audio section letting folks know that the review is available in the vendor section? Everyone that wants to see it can go there, everyone else can just ignore it. Seems fair to everyone.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:54 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

There's no difference between posting it here or posting it there with a pointer. The effect is the same. I am in no way impuning the character of the vendor in question here. He seems an honorable fellow. But rules are rules. We can't have one set for vendors we like and another for those we don't.

If I were to come in here week after week reviewing products that my favorite vendor is selling that would not be viewed favorably by anyone. It's unfair advertising. The other vendors here would have a fit.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:02 PM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
.....and like I said. I wasn't selling anything. I was sharing my experience. Where, in fact, the first two guys who posted (bufbills and cshocker)about the speakers in my review went and purchased them elsewhere. It's info sharing man. I don't even jump in people's threads with suggestions so I'm not advertising like the last guy.
Actually, another member recommended those drivers. I found your review via google, after I ordered them, while trying to get specs.

There has to be a happy medium here. it would be a shame to have such a great resource silenced.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:13 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

I think this is counter intuitive to promote a discussion on a discussion forum. The last review thread I had I included two items I didn't even carry at the time. So can I post a review on products I DON'T carry? How about a negative review of them? The rules reads "you are using non vendor sections at HDForums.com to sell or promote your products "

I try to maintain proper internet etiquette and not spam the forum...that's what lead the last vendor to get ousted from here. My review thread and those posts back then is comparing apples and oranges. However, is that within in the rules? So it's ok to do that within the current rule set....post my products on every request thread? Well that doesn't make sense. Heck I remember when IB Cristina messaged me that she recommend to said vendor instead of posting to PM members directly when they posted questions on this forum.

Can a friend post "Who has used speaker XYZ" then I post behind him. That just sound ridiculous. Instead of a work around, laws are changed all the time, policy shifts all the time...why not have a rule that supports members and discussions. Why not leave it to the Mods to exercise judgement. Other than posting in vendor sale section how else would a vendor introduce new items for discussion, regardless of where they buy it (like Bufbills above). I need to go back re-read the vendor agreement.

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 04-19-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Quick Reply: No more review threads....