Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys did it.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 12:59 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts
Default You guys did it.....

Well you guys did it....you bought them all. DD Audio AW 6.5's are officially on back order until July!!! Yes -- July. Word I got from the rep is that it's not just car guys but motorcycle guys love these speakers....no kidding! It was around 90 days ago in late December that we kicked off BAL; back then I would never see these speakers mentioned. Little by little I've seen them gain popularity online and with other shops and I honestly attribute lots of thatword of mouth to this forum!! Downside, obviously, is no AW's till summer time (ouch).

I have to be honest. When this all rolled out I never thought it would gain such momentum and never did I think having a regular job, running a shop, competing and staying on the forum would be this tough. I'm smoked!! I gotta thank Tailwind and Gannicus for all their help and the amount of R&D that these guys do firstbefore anything that get's mentioned here. Fun Fact: The AW's were Tailwinds idea, and that was MONTHS before theywere ever mentioned here. Slye is another guy that I chat with all the time and hopefully I can pull AAWAV out offorum retirement and get him to test a new batch of amps! It's a lot, and I know some days I'm at theshop after work until 11-12pm and don't get to an email or I ship something aday or two late. My bad guys, but it's really with the hopes of finding something so awesome it get's sold out for MONTHS because they're just that great and better than anything out there.

I can't tell youguys how cool it's been to work with guys like Pdevore who we first spoke abouthis bike around two years ago and have been planning his bike for the last fewmonths. MattMich is another guy whotried everything under the sun and I think is now going to be happy with hisset up. Cpbedor is a dude who wasn’t sure about all the details and requirements for an install and now that he has an awesome set up --- he's gotthe bug!! All super cool stuff and abunch of other dudes too.

So yeah, I think somehow indirectly you guys have the AW's on backorder for a few months --- this is your fault! So what does that mean......that somehow inmy 18 hour days I need to find some time to test out a few new components ASAP!!!! Never enough time in a day

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 04-18-2017 at 02:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
matt76cmich (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Covert Olds
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts

Son of a bitch!

Old 04-18-2017, 01:17 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

​​​​​​​​​Well......I'll try not to get all broken up about it.Besides, mine are already installed. Lol! Just in the nick of time......

Thanks Alex!

Old 04-18-2017, 02:10 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

I can tell you that there had to be a few times Alex wanted to tell me to STFU and listen (lol) when i started questioning a few things of my setup before i even had it installed. All i can say after i got everything installed and 90% tuned is that this setup far exceeded my expectation and i will not be changing things up for awhile. The only other thing i think i could do is swap out the W8s for true subs (which i won't) or add another 8 in the bag, and that will only happen if Alex says it will improve on what i already have, that's how much i trust him.

Congrats on all of the success and for being patient with me and helping this forum out. Can't wait to do more work in the future with ya.

So if anyone has any doubts of what to install i highly recommend sending Bagger Audio Lab a message with your goal and budget. Only good things will happen.

And if you don't think the AW6.5s are not gaining popularity, check out this install:
http://ddaudio.com/ddownlow/dd-audio...on-road-glide/

I heard this bike sounded great. (8-AW6.5s)

Last edited by matt76cmich; 04-18-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:01 PM
micmoren
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

hmmm...maybe I will go with the CC6.5s and sell my AWs at a premium LOL just kidding. I was one that was going to wait a bit but am glad I just said F it and ordered it all in one shot from Haze. Congrats and here's to continued success for you!

Old 04-18-2017, 03:55 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Alex,
You sit here and say thank you to all of us on the forum, but it is us that need to be thanking you. As you said, it was 2 years ago that you and I started talking about audio, I started with what I figured was a great system with top of the line components. I quickly realized that I should have listed to you and gone off the beaten path. I wanted more but was really just afraid that I couldn't do it because I have been out of audio for almost 20 years. I should have listened to you again before I did my second system, but I was still to stubborn. After the full install of the 2nd system and it sounded really really good I decided to start looking at DSP's. I had many guys on here say that there was no need for a DSP in a scooter, then I got a PM from Haze saying brother, DSP's are good if you know what you are doing. That was about all it took, Alex and I started talking and trying to figure out what I was going to do next. Now I have 4 amps in a fairing, 3 sets of 6.5's, tweets, horns, a set of 8's and imagine that a DSP. Now as Chris (CPbedor) knows, I am really slow at getting things done on my bike, but with everything in place except one set of 6.5's this ride is so bloody loud I would have never thought that possible.
All of the above is thanks to Alex, Alex pre Bagger Audio Lab, this dude took hours upon hours of his personal time to help us all out before he ever made a dime doing this.
So from me... THANK YOU ALEX.
We should all be thanking you.

So now who wants to buy a set of AW's with at28's? I'll start the auction at $800.....

Thanks

The following 2 users liked this post by pdevore:
Heavens Warrior (05-02-2017), sic-puppy (04-19-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 07:09 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by pdevore
So now who wants to buy a set of AW's with at28's? I'll start the auction at $800.....

Thanks
I have a set to auction as well. $795.99 plus free shipping if ordering in the next 60 seconds.

I have to give Alex a huge thank you as well. Love my fairing setup with the AWs and ATs.

Plus he's not bad for an Army guy.