Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Damn these look just like the DD BO3's.

Amazon Amazon

Old 04-19-2017, 11:33 AM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QY...xCL&ref=plSrch
Those are what ive got in mine.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:18 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QY...xCL&ref=plSrch

They look very similar to the Hertz ST25's; the B3's have a 1/2 inch shorter throat and smaller magnet to fit the rushmores flush. Audiopipe HQ's is here in Miami, we get these from our local distributor and they sound good but in the car audio world this brand doesn't have a good following. If I was doing an install and charging someone I'd always defer to quality and DD because of warranty concerns. MMats is coming out with some shorter black horns soon, waiting to try those out to see how they pair with the woofers.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:31 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
They look very similar to the Hertz ST25's; the B3's have a 1/2 inch shorter throat and smaller magnet to fit the rushmores flush. Audiopipe HQ's is here in Miami, we get these from our local distributor and they sound good but in the car audio world this brand doesn't have a good following. If I was doing an install and charging someone I'd always defer to quality and DD because of warranty concerns. MMats is coming out with some shorter black horns soon, waiting to try those out to see how they pair with the woofers.
Good to know the specifics. I was merely going by looks.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:01 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Those speakers paired with DD B3horns sounds even more incredible!!
I can vouch for this.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:05 PM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I can vouch for this.
Youve used both?

Old 04-19-2017, 02:19 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Is there a link to the 601.4s? I can't find them on the website.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:01 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Is there a link to the 601.4s? I can't find them on the website.

No there isn't. MMats isn't really a retail brand....they are an installer focused company. Small time operation with lots of home made, made in the U.S.A., products that guys like me use for builds. You won't see many details or specs posted as they don't sell retail.

I had someone mention specs to me regarding products and all I can say is that if company A has a set of specs and company B determined their specs differently how do you know which ones are accurate? Some companies take their sensitivity at 1volt or 1 watt but that isn't the same depending on what the impedance is of the speaker. For a 4ohm, you might need 2.83....but how would the consumer know that by looking at some minimal specs posted on line. Bottom line, the only real way to tell is to listen to them. The only specs I know about these speakers is that it's stamped 75W rms and 150 peak....and I've given them 200w and they don't blink. I couldn't tell you the "published" frequency range.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:13 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

No there isn't. MMats isn't really a retail brand....they are an installer focused company. Small time operation with lots of home made, made in the U.S.A., products that guys like me use for builds. You won't see many details or specs posted as they don't sell retail.

I had someone mention specs to me regarding products and all I can say is that if company A has a set of specs and company B determined their specs differently how do you know which ones are accurate? Some companies take their sensitivity at 1volt or 1 watt but that isn't the same depending on what the impedance is of the speaker. For a 4ohm, you might need 2.83....but how would the consumer know that by looking at some minimal specs posted on line. Bottom line, the only real way to tell is to listen to them. The only specs I know about these speakers is that it's stamped 75W rms and 150 peak....and I've given them 200w and they don't blink. I couldn't tell you the "published" frequency range.
Thanks. If you're liking them then that works for me.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:38 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by bufbills
Youve used both?
Yes, i started with AWs and B3 horns (i was able to male it work with A LOT of eq'ing on the DSP, but with the horns in parallel it just didnt work for me) and now run the MMats amd B3 horns. It is clean, clear, amd loud. The MMats are crossed around 110-120 (I'll have to check my settings again), they do not handle the lows like the AWs, but they still have a warmth and a good punch to em. I have not tried the Audiopipe horns though. With a Rushmore Alex reccomended the B3 horns due to the fit in the fairing.

Quick Reply: Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers