Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts
Arrow V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's

First off, I want to say, prepping my lids for these adapterswent fairly well. I got the lids pretty flat, before my rotory tool burnt up, forcing me to go buy a new one. Once I got back from the hardware store, with a new one, I ground down the lids, and used my palm sander to smooth it out. The first adapter plate went in fairly well. Lots of silicone to help seal it up. The second one, seemed a little off to me. They didn't quite sit flush. Again, put down some silicone. Drilled out the holes, lost a screw to the speaker grills. I'll be damned if I can find it? That's ok though, because for some reason, that I can't figure out, there was a notch cut out of the inner circumference of the second plate, where one of the screws went. So, the screw would have been to long anyway. Got one speaker done tonight, or at least enough to play, and started the stereo up. It's too late to really turn it up, but, from what I can tell, it's a much warmer speaker than the infinity Kappa's. Twice as much bass now. I really look forward to finishing the other side, but, I have to say, the one side was a bitch! I also have to say, I'm not crazy about having no place for the water to run off. I have no idea how that's going to play out. I can definitely see wet saddlebags in my future. But hey, at least I'll sound good.
V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0486.jpg

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0485.jpg

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 04-02-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Ok, I put the second one in today. It went in real nice. I think I did a better job of leveling the lid today, and I'm pretty sure this one will not leak. After the install, I went for a ride, and let me tell you, the Polk's kick ***! They handle everything I throw at them with twice the base. Everything sounds so much more natural. I even faded more to the back for more surround. My buddy has Reinhardt's and I kept about 30 feet back, and couldn't really hear his pipes. I'm definitely glad I did this mod, but, you really have to be meticulous during the modification so everything fits right. At some point, I'm going to have to go back, and redo the first side. But for now, everything sounds great.
V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0487.jpg

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0488.jpg

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0489.jpg

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0490.jpg

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0491.jpg

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0492.jpg

V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's-img_0495.jpg

The following users liked this post:
MrEnigmatic (10-30-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Guess I've gotta change my signature now...

Old 10-29-2017, 08:36 AM
stang36
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking of purchasing these speakers as well, I had the Infinity Kappa 693.11i in my Hogtunes Saddlebag lids but they were real heavy and the magnets hit the saddlebag bottoms when I opened or closed the Lids. Do these speaker magnets clear the saddlebags or do they touch?
Thanks!!

Old 11-18-2017, 07:15 AM
MrEnigmatic
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stang36
I'm thinking of purchasing these speakers as well, I had the Infinity Kappa 693.11i in my Hogtunes Saddlebag lids but they were real heavy and the magnets hit the saddlebag bottoms when I opened or closed the Lids. Do these speaker magnets clear the saddlebags or do they touch?
Thanks!!
I just did these adapters with DD VO69s, which have large magnets and are pretty heavy, mine don't touch when opening and closing. hope that helps some, i haven't seen the polks.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:44 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by stang36
Thanks!!
Originally Posted by MrEnigmatic
I just did these adapters with DD VO69s, which have large magnets and are pretty heavy, mine don't touch when opening and closing. hope that helps some, i haven't seen the polks.
Sorry guys, I just saw the question. No, they didn’t touch, but, are very heavy. I just removed them yesterday, and leveled the first bag better. I ended up going to some Polk mm692’s. 94db sensitivity, Ultra marine certified, frequency response is 30hz- 40,000khz and a neodymium magnet. Should be louder and much lighter. I loved the db’s, but they were heavy. The mm’s arrive today, and will be in tomorrow. They should sound even better.

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 12-28-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

The mm’s are installed, and here is my findings: they’re about half the weight, give or take, of the db’s. They have a more full sound, and are louder. They more closely match the sound of my Hertz. I had the sound faded more towards the rears, with the db’s. I actually had to adjust the fade back to neutral, with the mm’s. For the life of me, I can’t imagine a better lid speaker.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:55 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Hmmmmmm now you got me thinking about theses speakers. I just installed hertz mpx 690.3 in my lids. Heavy as hell but don't hit anything. I haven't flashed the radio yet since its too damn cold here to take it to the dealer.

The following users liked this post:
Bafflingbs (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Hmmmmmm now you got me thinking about theses speakers. I just installed hertz mpx 690.3 in my lids. Heavy as hell but don't hit anything. I haven't flashed the radio yet since its too damn cold here to take it to the dealer.
I tell ya, they’re a perfect sound match to my Hertz HCX165’s, and, they handle 150w RMS!

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 12-29-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Great price here....Polk Audio MM1 Series 6x9 Inch 450W Coaxial Marine Boat ATV Car Audio Speakers
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: V-Twin 6x9 adapters and Polk DB692's