Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Make sure to let anyone who does work to your bike to NOT WASH IT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 07:42 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Dealer did same to my bike over a warrantied front tire...I never take bike to the dealer either I do the work or my best bud is a Indy shop here in town...

Dealer called me at work to tell me how the switch I have on the dash was flashing...the wash guy broke the heated gear switch for my gear, they never called me till they had my bike town apart both bags off trying to find the end of the heated gear switch...
they did not give two ***** that I had to pull the tank and faring seat ect just to rewire the switch...then I went to use my chaps on a road trip that weekend and here they took them out and never put em back....

fu%* them stealers....

Old 04-01-2017, 08:40 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

Same as letting the bikini girls at a rally wash your bike with a 200 grit bath towel. Glad you didn't come back to the dealer while the knuckle dragging drone was washing your bike with the shop engine rag. I might have been banned from the dealership for life if that happened to me. Glad they at least owned up to it.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

I have to agree with Bunker, the cops would have been hauling me out of there!!! Sorry Sly, like others have said you handled it a lot better than most.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:12 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

One thing I have learned as I am a very impatient and easily angered person, is in these situations, keeping composed​, expressing your dissatisfaction, tend to win the battle. Paint can easily be fixed, but main point for post was for those who have a non oem, aftermarket head unit, to be sure to triple repeat that the bike not get washed. The rest sucks, but the nice thing is all can be fixed. If something doesn't buff for me, already spoke with painter , and a bill will be sent to dealer for whatever needs done. Nothing stays perfect, but I want to be the cause from using it,not someone else. This was a warranty deal so no since in me pulling tire to save $30 vs them doing it. Wish I had a indy close, but not one that does tires I am aware of.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:18 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

That's not good, I have been lucky for the warranty work I take bike in for service guy comes out goes over bike with me I make him write do not wash on Ro and show him why so far no problems .This shop has a danm power washer and five gallon bucks with white Terry cloth rags hanging over .I am sure u will be able to fix it but that's not the point.Time better spent writing me a DSP .....

Old 04-01-2017, 10:03 AM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 437 Likes on 292 Posts

I wash my own period they don't pay those people very much , if it isn't yours you don't care

Old 04-01-2017, 11:14 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

That really sucks, but most dealerships don't have a clue with aftermarket audio. When I traded in my Streetglide I had a kick azz stereo with a Sony HU. I left them the splash shield in a saddlebag, but as I was leaving on my new Heritage I saw some kid washing down my old bike, spraying water right at the inner fairing! Oh well, good luck to them, they owned it not me!

Old 04-01-2017, 11:53 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 17,094 Likes on 8,677 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Went this afternoon to pick my bike up after a new tire was installed. Only thing I wont do myself. Bike was flawless when they picked it up. Went to get it and when I turned ign on my head unit didn't turn on. I noticed a lot of small surface scratches where it looked like a crap microfiber had rubbed on it. Pulled face and wet everywhere. I asked why would they wash a BRAND NEW painted perfectly clean bike? They didn't know. Said I would not pay for tire as cost of head unit and add my time to swap ,was same if not more than tire. Service Manager agreed and off I went. Intermittent the whole way home. So moral is even if you say don't touch my paint, don't scratch my bike, don't do anything else but tire, they will anyway. Not a happy camper but at least they accepted fault. Thankfully they took ownership of that. Especially when I pulled splash cover out of my bags.Now I get to spend my next day off or whenever I can get time buffing and polishing again and pulling my amps to install a replacement head unit. YAY!!!
`Hope it isn`t black paint........

Originally Posted by touchdown
That sucks, maybe next time take the wheel off yourself, have them put the tire on the wheel and put it back on yourself.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-01-2017 at 01:10 PM.