Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:22 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Disappointment

First list of gear.

DD aw6.5 with hertz tweets off hdp4 fairing,Hertz sv165.3 off nav mv lowers , Pioneer pro off hdp4 bags , JL8.8 off jl mx280.

What I love about system parked and up to 50mph ish sounds great for me for her she loves it all at all speeds .

Where I would like improvements is front stage just plain needs to be louder and don't think it can happen but would like back stage fill above 50

As much as I wanted to stay away from horns is this what I must have at this point , honestly never heard them just have it in my head that spent a lot of money to not be screaming bright.

my only thoughts are
1.more power diamond 4v2 bridged 300w instead of 170w now to 8.8
2. put 8.8 lids , maybe with horns if this is option .
3.add horns to fairing where mirrors used to be no idea how to wire horns into system.
So close but just not ready to give up on what I wanted out of system.

Help appreciated

Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 AM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope the DD aw 6.5 and t28 tweets are loud enough,don't really want to change again

Old 03-22-2017, 11:12 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Brother....you are all over the map here. You have too many speakers being pushed with very little power all crammed in your fairing. A JL 280/4 bridged is NO WHERE near the amount of correct juice for 8.8's, we won't wire those to anything less than 200w RMS a piece. If producing power is an issue than you need more efficient drivers, ie: pro audio speakers. Adding horns is not the answer, that's just highs. Understand though that pro audio speakers will not produce a ton of low end in those locations on your bike BUT since they require less power that allows you to give the those 8.8's more juice and produce that low end to balance the system out. Not trying to discourage you man, you just need to close in on what are looking for and sometimes that can not be achieved with tiny amps crammed in a fairing.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Don't miss understand the post system is loud and clear this is more about wanting to get to my goal which could very well be Not possible. My end goal changes every time system gets better problem is just don't know when to stop.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:37 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Bail me out haze or someone give me a map that I can follow pm me haze debit card in hand.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:52 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Lots of options man.....are you willing to put an amp in the tourpack with some quick disconnects for the 8.8's? That will give you back some power from what you have up front to really get that to hit. If I were going to go all out for some volume on that bike I'd put MMats pro audio drivers in your fairing and lowers and some DD horns cut into the fairing all off a JL 600/6 with their own channel. In the lids I'd go ahead and keep what you got and power that off the JL 280/4 then in the pack I'd leave the 8.8's with a JL 400/4 over the Diamond.

I know I took a turn out to left field....but if I was gonna go all out with what you are working with, that would be it. Stupid loud with plenty of power and SQ.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No problem ,thanks ,I misunderstood

Old 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

This thread is funny to me since less than 30 minutes ago I had the exact same conversation with Alex. I think my plan is to just ship the whole bike to Miami with a blank check and a note that says "don't return til it's the loudest, cleanest, deepest, sexiest bike on the road"

Then when I get it back I will keep it that way for about 3 months until I think I can waste more money on the Unicorn.

The following users liked this post:
P'colaHarley-17RGS (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Let me throw out a few words here. Solo riding, 2 up riding, and parking lot.
The closest alligator to the boat is 2 up riding. Of course ur wife loves ur setup. That's cause she is hearing all the speakers. With her on board, u just lost the TP 880s and a portion of the lids due to her legs being in the way.
I don't care if u put 4 6000W amps and two massive batteries in a trailer behind u, ur not going to push sound thru ur wife's torso or legs.
The AW6.5 and AT28 is hands down the best performing full range combination on the market today but when ur dealing with 6.5s there is only so much ur gonna get. U throw in some PA speaks in the garage and get that shix screaming with a great balance from the 880s and lids, that shix will sound awesome. U put big momma in the 2 up spot rolling down the road with that setup u r gonna have a headache in short order. Got that t-shirt bro. Thus the reason I got 880 lids in hoping to get more from the rear stage with my Dragon on board.
Now I totally agree with H regarding getting the proper juice to all of the speakers we are running but again we have to run yet another risk v reward assessment. If I fill my Dragons bags up with amps, she will cut my ***** off. Assessment complete.
Now if u can find s PA and horn combo that can go really damn low for a PA then maybe u will have broken the code but not many are gonna go below 110 thus the warmth we all desire while riding is simply not there. A DSP might assist in maximizing a better freq balance but that too is not the silver lining as the speaks must have the ability to play at a level the DSP is instructing it to play at.

Just my 2 cents brotha. I'm currently working on improving my amp wattage situation for all my speakers, but at the end of the day there are plenty of limiting factors that come into play for each individual as our riding styles and listening desires vary dramatically.

Divorce might be cheaper bro? Or a sled for her?

T.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:41 PM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Divorce might be cheaper bro? Or a sled for her?

or just better for your sanity!!

Quick Reply: Disappointment