Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgraded to Boombox 6.5

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:25 AM
Ozbernie
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Upgraded to Boombox 6.5

I have just updated the Boombox 4.3 to the 6.5 on my 2014 Streetglide and couldn't be happier. I was fortunate enough recieve this as a gift from a very generous friend.
Really enjoying the extra features and GPS

Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Superior Delight
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boom 6.5

Was it a plug and play or did you have the dealer flash it>

Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 PM
NWI
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Details please. Did you install it yourself ? Dealer flash required? beside head unit and gps antena what else was required ?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 PM
HD3303
6th Gear
Default Upgraded to Boombox 6.5

When I upgraded my 2014 SG to the 6.5GT I didn't have to have the dealer do anything. It plugged in and everything worked fine. I also love the radio, touchscreen function, and GPS. It's not a car or living room so the sound is fine for my ears on a bike. I do plan on adding rear speakers and an amp eventually.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by HD3303
When I upgraded my 2014 SG to the 6.5GT I didn't have to have the dealer do anything. It plugged in and everything worked fine. I also love the radio, touchscreen function, and GPS. It's not a car or living room so the sound is fine for my ears on a bike. I do plan on adding rear speakers and an amp eventually.
I'm telling u what brotha, the 6.5 is a damn good overall machine. We will break the code on the EQ portion of the HU really damn soon but the overall functionality of the unit really is pretty damn good and reliable. If HD would just stop dicking up the updates and simplify the flash bs life would be perfect.

Glad ur happy bro!!!

T

Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 AM
Ozbernie
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the dealer install and flash the unit. It was a new unit so beeped constantly until it had the dealer download maps etc to its brain.
I love it. A massive improvement from thr 4.3 unit.
Probably will add an amp and speaker package from Biketronics at some point but really happy regardless. I hear lots of negative talk about the 6.5 unit but I dont feel that way at all.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:51 AM
stasikasHD
Stage III

Hello This is a newcomer. Where to go and where to go? Maybe advise ??? How can the European landscapes be updated? Lithuanian, German, where you can download the GPS map flash. Thanks

Old 10-14-2017, 07:50 AM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I'm telling u what brotha, the 6.5 is a damn good overall machine. We will break the code on the EQ portion of the HU really damn soon but the overall functionality of the unit really is pretty damn good and reliable. If HD would just stop dicking up the updates and simplify the flash bs life would be perfect.

Glad ur happy bro!!!

T
I would love to get a developer's Rom. I am a developer and do some embedded (FireMonkey) and would like to tinker with the Rom. There are some Harmon-Kardon APIs out there but nothing that looks like BoomBox 6.5. We need to sic the boys over at XDA on this and see if someone can find an exploit to crack BoomBox open. Love to root this beast.
I might try to see if I can see the Rom with ABS. If I could get TWRP installed, that would be a start.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,258 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by SpringerRider
I would love to get a developer's Rom. I am a developer and do some embedded (FireMonkey) and would like to tinker with the Rom. There are some Harmon-Kardon APIs out there but nothing that looks like BoomBox 6.5. We need to sic the boys over at XDA on this and see if someone can find an exploit to crack BoomBox open. Love to root this beast.
I might try to see if I can see the Rom with ABS. If I could get TWRP installed, that would be a start.
I don't know what you just said but do it please. We need this Boom hacked wide open.

The following users liked this post:
FL15TG (10-14-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Kawickrice
I don't know what you just said but do it please. We need this Boom hacked wide open.
^^^^^^^^ Yeah that!!!! Break the damn code please!!!!

T.

Quick Reply: Upgraded to Boombox 6.5