Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgraded to Boombox 6.5

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 09:20 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by SpringerRider
I would love to get a developer's Rom. I am a developer and do some embedded (FireMonkey) and would like to tinker with the Rom. There are some Harmon-Kardon APIs out there but nothing that looks like BoomBox 6.5. We need to sic the boys over at XDA on this and see if someone can find an exploit to crack BoomBox open. Love to root this beast.
I might try to see if I can see the Rom with ABS. If I could get TWRP installed, that would be a start.
Possibly the best post in quite awhile!

I wish i understood what you just said lol.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:14 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I might not understand what you said except for the important part crack code.we are spending from 50 to 600 bucks for a band aid .Anything I could contribute to cause Would be gladly done.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:14 AM
DON7245
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently upgraded as well on my 17 SG. I was fortunate to get a 6.5 out of a '15 CVO bike, so i knew it would already be flashed for the 4 speaker set up. Plugged that bad boy up no issues.
I guess since it flashed for CVO setup (more than likely 2 amps) the volume on my fairing speakers is not that loud due to the internal amp on the radio being turned off. I can live with it until I figure out what I want to do speaker/amp wise..i just want good clear sound and like the Boom stage II setups I've heard. I've seen a few stage II speaker/amp setups floating around...But also have Thunder Beach Fall Rally and Southeast Hog Rally in a few weeks..so who knows what I can find there...also don't want to put something in bike no plug and play that will give me grief warranty wise if something ever pops up...

Old 10-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I would love to get a developer's Rom. I am a developer and do some embedded (FireMonkey) and would like to tinker with the Rom. There are some Harmon-Kardon APIs out there but nothing that looks like BoomBox 6.5. We need to sic the boys over at XDA on this and see if someone can find an exploit to crack BoomBox open. Love to root this beast.
I might try to see if I can see the Rom with ABS. If I could get TWRP installed, that would be a start.
There are some super smart bikers out there. Someone on XDA will eventually make it a project. If Harley ever incorporates third party apps they'll have to put out an API, then it's out of the bag. The hardware is reasonably quick so I gotta think there's some decent power and memory inside.

I'd love to drop an alpine or pioneer nav in there but I don't wanna **** away 1500 bucks the first time it gets soaked. The 6.5GT has some good bones. Paired with a good DSP it's pretty f'in good. But there's always room for improvement.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:52 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Respect
There are some super smart bikers out there. Someone on XDA will eventually make it a project. If Harley ever incorporates third party apps they'll have to put out an API, then it's out of the bag. The hardware is reasonably quick so I gotta think there's some decent power and memory inside.

I'd love to drop an alpine or pioneer nav in there but I don't wanna **** away 1500 bucks the first time it gets soaked. The 6.5GT has some good bones. Paired with a good DSP it's pretty f'in good. But there's always room for improvement.
If I were able to root (have full memory access) to the Rom (the installed operating system) I could probably program a tethering piece and install a browser. That would allow the 6.5 to access the internet though your phone. Then traffic info would be available to Nav (smart routing) or you could simply use Google directions.

The problem is the low population. Hackers make their living through donations. I throw a bone or two to the geeks at XDA when they crack a phone. But for them, its a numbers game. A hacker can reach a hell of a lot more people (and therefore donations) by cracking an iPhone than an H-D BoomBox. Plus the Boom! Box6.5 runs on QNX with CANBUS which is more common in industrial embedded systems. They are not sexy and no one cares when you crack the access to one.

I am trying to draw some attention to the Boom! 6.5 over at XDA and play to a few hackers pride with Harley being part of America and how cool would it be to hack Harley. It's all about vanity! Just like the rest of us.

Last edited by SpringerRider; 10-16-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:03 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

If I were able to root (have full memory access) to the Rom (the installed operating system) I could probably program a tethering piece and install a browser. That would allow the 6.5 to access the internet though your phone. Then traffic info would be available to Nav (smart routing) or you could simply use Google directions.

The problem is the low population. Hackers make their living through donations. I throw a bone or two to the geeks at XDA when they crack a phone. But for them, its a numbers game. A hacker can reach a hell of a lot more people (and therefore donations) by cracking an iPhone than an H-D BoomBox. Plus the Boom! Box6.5 runs on QNX with CANBUS which is more common in industrial embedded systems. They are not sexy and no one cares when you crack the access to one.

I am trying to draw some attention to the Boom! 6.5 over at XDA and play to a few hackers pride with Harley being part of America and how cool would it be to hack Harley. It's all about vanity! Just like the rest of us.
I like the way you think!!!!

Old 10-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Very cool stuff!!! Just don't overexpose yourself as HD MOCO lurks on these forums and will rain on u like a ton of bricks if u get any stink on u during a hacking event.

Just sayin!!!!

T.

The following users liked this post:
SpringerRider (10-17-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,258 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Very cool stuff!!! Just don't overexpose yourself as HD MOCO lurks on these forums and will rain on u like a ton of bricks if u get any stink on u during a hacking event.

Just sayin!!!!

T.
All we want is some more functionality of a robust system. I do hear what you are saying though.
Springer pm me for PayPal to the Mitnic

Old 10-18-2017, 06:36 AM
Stache18
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

i would pay cash money to be able to run a real gps like google maps on the boom. Moco should just do that anyway.

Old 02-24-2020, 11:47 AM
RedDragon60
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Getting the wired head set to work on both helmets

I have a 2015 CVO Road Glide ultra and I'm having trouble getting the intercom to work. I can get the music on my helmet working, but nothing on my wifes helmet. Doe anyone have a good video to watch on how to hook up the wired head sets and how to adjust the intercom/speakers. I have the music set to motorcycle speakers and the intercom and prompts to head set speakers. I get sound out of my speakers but nothing from the rear headset. Any suggestions on how to correct this issue would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Reddragon60

Quick Reply: Upgraded to Boombox 6.5