Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 06:04 PM
chem_rulz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Suggestions?

Hey guys!

I know this is probably already a thread on here, but I don't want to take the time to sort through all of the posts.

Any suggestions for a bluetooth radio upgrade for a 2012 Street Glide that doesn't require a lot of additional work or purchases? I still have the original stock radio and time to upgrade the technology but not the ride.

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:07 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by chem_rulz
Hey guys! I know this is probably already a thread on here, but I don't want to take the time to sort through all of the posts. Any suggestions for a bluetooth radio upgrade for a 2012 Street Glide that doesn't require a lot of additional work or purchases? I still have the original stock radio and time to upgrade the technology but not the ride. Thanks!
Any of the upper end Kenwoods or Sonys will be a huge upgrade over stock. The detail you need is in the search you're avoiding, without specifics of what is important to you it's a crapshoot for someone to guess what you must have or don't care about. Additional work/purchases is relative - you need a budget and if you wanna keep hand controls extra purchases and an install kit are unavoidable with the most popular systems.

The following users liked this post:
chem_rulz (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

You know it's really hard to help someone that won't help themselves.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Philokc
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO some research is needed on your part, that's half the fun man.

The following users liked this post:
pglider (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 07:56 PM
pglider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chem your just going to have to do some homework and take small steps in finding the right HU - and other components that's right for your install.Myself I run an alpine cde hd 149bt along with moto 602s fairing-lowers,pn41000d. JL280/4 for 6900 pros in the lids,Very pleased in how it sounds. I happen to like Alpine.HU.All the guys here would be happy to help you along the way,but you also have to give us some input and your buget. Rock on, Paul

Old 03-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Hey guys!

I know this is probably already a thread on here, but I don't want to take the time to sort through all of the posts.!
I don't want to take the time to provide any info, since we are being honest and all.

Good luck!!!

T

Old 03-13-2017, 10:23 PM
chem_rulz
6th Gear

Ok, I totally deserved that.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:30 PM
chem_rulz
6th Gear

Ok, so, I am looking at about a $400-500 budget. I'm just really starting to get into doing my own upgrades/installs and I'm not a diehard audiophile so some of the tech talk is way over my head.

I've looked at a couple of Kenwood's and Sony's. Big thing for me is bluetooth capability (tired of running an aux chord to my phone and radio...I think it looks tacky plus it's a pain some days). I want a unit that produces a sound that's better than the stock radio, but not top end.

At this point I'm not looking to upgrade speakers, however, that might be a future endeavor.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Ok, so, I am looking at about a $400-500 budget. I'm just really starting to get into doing my own upgrades/installs and I'm not a diehard audiophile so some of the tech talk is way over my head.

I've looked at a couple of Kenwood's and Sony's. Big thing for me is bluetooth capability (tired of running an aux chord to my phone and radio...I think it looks tacky plus it's a pain some days). I want a unit that produces a sound that's better than the stock radio, but not top end.

At this point I'm not looking to upgrade speakers, however, that might be a future endeavor.
Ok so you've added a couple of extra words to your original post but i still dont see that u did any searching. Give us some models that your looking at.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:56 AM
chem_rulz
6th Gear

So, I'm looking at this package:

http://www.biketronics.com/flhtc-cla...age-1998-2013/

What are the pros and cons of the KMM-BT318U?
Same question for the KDC-X501?

Would you recommend one over the other? Why?

Would you recommend any of the speaker upgrades? Why?

Would I need to add an amp?

Quick Reply: Radio Suggestions?