Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need guidance please on install on a 2014 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 06:41 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

[QUOTE=Gannicus;15970027]It's a good amp if you're running 2 ohm speakers or running it bridged. But as Ranger said. 80 watts @ 4 ohms won't do you any justice. That's why T was saying it's a BAD combo. The amp at 80 watts per channel coupled with the weak Hertz speakers won't cut the mustard. [/QUOTE

Well this was the system that Badd Azz Bikes sold to me but still not giving up on it yet and not bad mouthing them at all because they haven't had a chance to respond yet either. We'll see how it turns out, hopefully ok.
And I'm getting alot of help from West Texas Ranger as well.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

[QUOTE=Tn.Heritage;15972180]
Originally Posted by Gannicus
It's a good amp if you're running 2 ohm speakers or running it bridged. But as Ranger said. 80 watts @ 4 ohms won't do you any justice. That's why T was saying it's a BAD combo. The amp at 80 watts per channel coupled with the weak Hertz speakers won't cut the mustard. [/QUOTE

Well this was the system that Badd Azz Bikes sold to me but still not giving up on it yet and not bad mouthing them at all because they haven't had a chance to respond yet either. We'll see how it turns out, hopefully ok.
And I'm getting alot of help from West Texas Ranger as well.
Totally agree. No disrespect to any vendor here. I have no skin in the game. I just call it like I see it. If you were sold that system because you asked for it is one thing. But if that system came with a high recommendation. That's another story. There is not one guy here I'm aware of (and I pretty much know em all) who would recommend those speakers with that amp running 80W to each speaker.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:13 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Seems all is in default settings on the line levelers, if made some adjustments and it a bit better for sure.
Hey brother, if you will go back to our original pm's on the BT LL adjustments, adjusting them at all requires a very delicate touch. Simply putting them "back to factory setting" is not achievable with just lining them back up to the factory sticker/marking.
Give mike a call at BT and have him run you through setting them back properly with a DMM.
DO NOT adjust them without knowing how buddy, you can and will blow tweeters and possibly the speaker if done incorrectly.

I'd also suggest setting the amp gains back to the correct setting for the speakers with a DMM, get the BT LL's back to factory setting and then see how it sounds. Then we can go from there on "dialing it in" a little better. This setup, as other fine folks have said, isn't the optimal matchup BUT I've heard this setup before and it can sound good when properly set up.

Last edited by tesnevo; 02-26-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:23 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by tesnevo
Hey brother, if you will go back to our original pm's on the BT LL adjustments, adjusting them at all requires a very delicate touch. Simply putting them "back to factory setting" is not achievable with just lining them back up to the factory sticker/marking.
Give mike a call at BT and have him run you through setting them back properly with a DMM.
DO NOT adjust them without knowing how buddy, you can and will blow tweeters and possibly the speaker if done incorrectly.

I'd also suggest setting the amp gains back to the correct setting for the speakers with a DMM, get the BT LL's back to factory setting and then see how it sounds. Then we can go from there on "dialing it in" a little better. This setup, as other fine folks have said, isn't the optimal matchup BUT I've heard this setup before and it can sound good when properly set up.
Maybe I need to send them back to get readjusted then but I can tell you this, when they were in default with the bike running it sounded pretty bad imo. If that's what it will sound like then I'll put it back stock and sell this stuff off. All I wanted was something with a quality sound that could crank a bit when I was on the interstate.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:53 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Maybe I need to send them back to get readjusted then but I can tell you this, when they were in default with the bike running it sounded pretty bad imo. If that's what it will sound like then I'll put it back stock and sell this stuff off. All I wanted was something with a quality sound that could crank a bit when I was on the interstate.
Tell you what I will do, if you can get it out here to my shop on a weekend I will get it set up for you. It will be a good drive (4-4 1/2 hours) but won't take long to get you set up.
This needs to be a physical setup and not a "over the phone" setup. That way we can dial it in the way "YOU" want it to sound. If your inclined to do this, please leave it status quo and I will get you taken care of when it gets here.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tesnevo
Tell you what I will do, if you can get it out here to my shop on a weekend I will get it set up for you. It will be a good drive (4-4 1/2 hours) but won't take long to get you set up.
This needs to be a physical setup and not a "over the phone" setup. That way we can dial it in the way "YOU" want it to sound. If your inclined to do this, please leave it status quo and I will get you taken care of when it gets here.
That system will never sound like he wants it to T. He needs a different amp and different speakers. Just not a good match from a components standpoint. He needs a 4 channel amp rated at 150 x 4 Arc, Hertz or Soundstream and some decent speakers.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm really scratching my caveman head having a hard time believing that the settings on these BT355s are that scientific for this sled application. Kind of a "measure it with a micrometer but cut it with an ax" analogy.

As G mentioned a few times, this is a round hole, square peg situation regarding the product that is being used in this setup. Don't think 1/1000 of a volt on a BT355 is the closest alligator to the boat here.

Just sayin!!!

T

Old 02-27-2017, 10:12 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Just wanted to update everyone following this thread:

I spent several hours on the phone with TnHeritage (Mark) and his buddy Tim on Saturday trying to help trouble-shoot his system. They are both nice guys but are a little inexperienced when it comes to installing and setting up audio equipment. We were able to do some adjustments and got his system sounding much better, but not to the point where Mark is real happy. During the process, I'm not sure that what I was trying to have them accomplish was understood and/or communicated properly over the phone, so we finally stopped and decided to give-it-a-go another time.

Since I was throwing a lot of "stereo-speak" terms at him, I decided to sent him an email this morning, with a step by step procedure (with pictures), that will hopefully get him on the right track or at least to the point that he can live with the system that he was sold.

As many have already stated, this amp & speaker combination isn't the best. Mark didn't specifically ask for these components, but relied on the vendor to sell him a nice sounding system within his budget.

Hopefully TnHeritage will report back to us with some good news, after going through the set-up & adjustment process with the help of my email instructions.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:20 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger

I spent several hours on the phone with TnHeritage (Mark) ....

I decided to sent him an email this morning, with a step by step procedure (with pictures), that will hopefully get him on the right track

Pretty cool of you to do this WTR. Seems like a great number of people on this forum go way above and beyond to help out a brother. Props to you and the rest of the people here that give up their time because they want to.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger

I spent several hours on the phone with TnHeritage (Mark) and his buddy Tim on Saturday trying to help trouble-shoot his system. They are both nice guys but are a little inexperienced when it comes to installing and setting up audio equipment. We were able to do some adjustments and got his system sounding much better, but not to the point where Mark is real happy. During the process, I'm not sure that what I was trying to have them accomplish was understood and/or communicated properly over the phone, so we finally stopped and decided to give-it-a-go another time.

Since I was throwing a lot of "stereo-speak" terms at him, I decided to sent him an email this morning, with a step by step procedure (with pictures), that will hopefully get him on the right track or at least to the point that he can live with the system that he was sold.

As many have already stated, this amp & speaker combination isn't the best. Mark didn't specifically ask for these components, but relied on the vendor to sell him a nice sounding system within his budget.

Hopefully TnHeritage will report back to us with some good news, after going through the set-up & adjustment process with the help of my email instructions.
Cudo's to WTR for helping a fellow brother out! That's a beautiful thing bro! Guys like you are what makes this forum great! Tn. If you need anything from me I'm there!

Quick Reply: Need guidance please on install on a 2014 Limited