Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Autotec
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrade opinions.

Alright guys, my HK Head unit on my 06 Ultra decided to stop putting out any sound, got the dreaded B2017 code for the 3rd time. So it's time for a major upgrade.

Old setup was factory HK Head unit, Power Acoustic RZ4-20000, BT 7.1 front speakers and the BT 6.5 rear speakers with the V-Twin adapters and ports into the Tour Pack. Sounded great, but the Head unit failed.

I was never impressed with the sound quality of the factory Head unit, so this time around I decided to go with a replacement.

New setup will be a Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-HS Head unit, BT-4180 amp and the same BT 7.1 front speakers and BT 6.5" rears.

I've read countless posts about the individual components, but haven't seen anyone run this exact combo.

Before I pull the trigger, any opinions on the Head unit or any other parts of the system?

Thanks, Justin

Old 02-25-2017, 12:33 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Autotec
Alright guys, my HK Head unit on my 06 Ultra decided to stop putting out any sound, got the dreaded B2017 code for the 3rd time. So it's time for a major upgrade.

Old setup was factory HK Head unit, Power Acoustic RZ4-20000, BT 7.1 front speakers and the BT 6.5 rear speakers with the V-Twin adapters and ports into the Tour Pack. Sounded great, but the Head unit failed.

I was never impressed with the sound quality of the factory Head unit, so this time around I decided to go with a replacement.

New setup will be a Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-HS Head unit, BT-4180 amp and the same BT 7.1 front speakers and BT 6.5" rears.

I've read countless posts about the individual components, but haven't seen anyone run this exact combo.

Before I pull the trigger, any opinions on the Head unit or any other parts of the system?

Thanks, Justin
Sounds like you're pretty happy with the BT speakers and they will sound much better with the new head unit and the BT amp. I don't see any issues with that set up.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Autotec
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Sounds like you're pretty happy with the BT speakers and they will sound much better with the new head unit and the BT amp. I don't see any issues with that set up.
Good to hear that coming from you. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Thanks Justin