Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner fairing road glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:29 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

I agree with my friends, Haze, T and CVO. You can do much better than the kicker stuff. That said. "Free" is good. But at the end of the day you're still gonna have time and labor into it which ain't free! LOL! I'm sure the kicker set up sounded much better than the stock set up but have you compared it to any other setups? Sometimes you have to hear different setups to make a decision. Early on with this stuff I heard set ups that I thought were Killer until I heard the real deal. That set up will sound okay until you pull up next to a bike with a better set up and Trust me. That's a WTF moment and back to the drawing board! LOL!! Good luck Bro!

Old 02-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Kburgad
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Well all my riding buddies roll street glides and ultras with stock speakers so I've never heard a high end system. I'm an auto mechanic so I don't look at time spent the same way. Plus if I do want to change it. It'll be much simpler to swap stuff then install it. Thanks for your concerns guys. But I was gonna take it apart to do 10+ fairing brackets for lowers then this stuff just dropped in my lap.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:02 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Kburgad
Well all my riding buddies roll street glides and ultras with stock speakers so I've never heard a high end system. I'm an auto mechanic so I don't look at time spent the same way. Plus if I do want to change it. It'll be much simpler to swap stuff then install it. Thanks for your concerns guys. But I was gonna take it apart to do 10+ fairing brackets for lowers then this stuff just dropped in my lap.
Good thought process! Dam sure helps being a mechanic! Good luck with your install!

Old 02-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Kburgad
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Good thought process! Dam sure helps being a mechanic! Good luck with your install!
The only time it doesn't help being a mechanic is not knowing when to quit messing with it.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Kburgad
Tourer

Got my wiring under the tank ran today, had to get a different fuse holder today. Was thinking a glass fuse on a motorcycle wasn't a great idea.
Got all 4 speakers in the inner fairing, inner fairing back on and wiring reinstalled. Got one amp bracket done and amp is installed onto it
Gotta build another bracket then hook up the rest of my wiring in the morning.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Kburgad
Tourer

Ok well that amp doesn't fit. That's awesome. Guess I'm going with a diamond micro 2v2 that I should of got in the first place. O well. Apparently both of my distributers amps are in his tour pack.