Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any1 try this line level

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:03 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Frisco, I'm gonna try a different strategy here. I use it on all my California pals.

Those Ribbon tweets are awesome man!!!! Tape those to the gas tank and let it rip.
I would get a class A/B amp for them though.
4 amps on your sled will be fine.
As for the Line out Converter from Frys, they will work perfect. The bass curve is soooooo flat coming out of the HD head unit that u might even consider installing a couple bass boosters.
Yes, use as many of the same exact speakers as u can for your install.
Of course SPL / PA speakers would be the best option for u if u have a very wide range of genres like country to metal.
Put horns in the fuel and volt meter gauges.
Run everything in series, not parallel.
Cable TV / VCR RCAs work great for sled installs.
Fairing pods eliminator brackets suck.
Dynamat sucks even more.
Don't tune ur system with your sled running.
I would also run everything out of phase as it sounds better with the exhaust system.
Car audio and sled audio are one in the same.
Do not do any research on what I am telling u, just do it!!!! Individual thought and open minded discussion is a total waste!!!!!!! Group think really is best out in the west!!!!!
Last but not least, be careful how much u post on this forum as the moderators will invoice u at the end of each quarter based on characters used. 5 cents for each character, 10 cents for capital letters, and a buck for pics.

Good luck w your install bro. It's gonna be awesome!!!!

T.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:23 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

It's guys like the OP that make me lurk in the background and not post much anymore. Just flat out don't have the patience to deal with grown *** men that act like 3yr olds.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
It's guys like the OP that make me lurk in the background and not post much anymore. Just flat out don't have the patience to deal with grown *** men that act like 3yr olds.
U need to get ur **** to Daytona in March so we can get u re calibrated man!!!! It's just not the same around here without the frequent SB throat punches!!!!
Rehab is for quitters man, not this audio forum!!!

Just sayin!!!!

T

Old 02-06-2017, 09:38 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

U need to get ur **** to Daytona in March so we can get u re calibrated man!!!! It's just not the same around here without the frequent SB throat punches!!!!
Rehab is for quitters man, not this audio forum!!!

Just sayin!!!!

T
No quitter here brother. I still step in when a throat punch is needed. Just maintaining my sanity right now.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:44 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Yep, was trying to give the benefit of the doubt, trying to help out, trying to be patient, until the box of Kleenex came out. Directed at some of our very best here for advice and help!!!
Kris

Old 02-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Frisco GiantzSneaky Keaks
Ppl so sensitive with those of us asking questions.......
Ignorant didn't look that good on you at the beginning but we're an understanding crew and every girl likes to go to the prom.

Then you slipped on a slinky little number called arrogant and unappreciative so it started looking like you were gonna spend your evening by the punch bowl eating your feelings and looking a good bit rougher than before. Rough night wallflower.

But then you started asking irrelevant, asinine (sorry if thats a tough word for you, just sound it out and Google) questions and insulting my forum friends aaaaaand.... I'm done with you. Good luck installing the record player in your tourpak and congratulations for alienating some of the most knowledgeable, helpful and genuinely decent people on the web.
-FW

Old 02-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Frisco GiantzSneaky Keaks
If you only had your throttle twisted as much as u got ur panties in a twist.

ML&R to those who gave or given there suggestions on audio builds, parts, and or experience for venturing into a audio build I was in the blind. I'm sure I'm not the only1 with questions. Advice has always been greatly appreciated.

Demanding a pay out or donation to the forum. I'm sorry you got to be joking, seriously Budd.

Let those who support the forum do it there way on there time should they even be willing to do so. If its written somewhere in/on the forum that it is a must to provide any form of donations please copy and paste.
See, it's when you say things like this I wonder if you're messing with people or if you're just not right in the head. How could you possibly have drawn the conclusion that he was asking for a monetary contribution to the forum from what he said. In my experience, it's only a person with a "takers" mindset that would assume something like that.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Frisco GiantzSneaky Keaks
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I knew there was a way

Thanks tailwind cvojoe seriously thanks to all for there input over the last month or so

as as far as the frys LL n the flat tweet there just items I came across and thought maybe y'all may have not tried yea I googled them but nothing popped up with regards to harley and them. So that's y I asked. The advice to contact member/s directly with my install have and is done that was the best info y'all gave me well except for the $24k speaker system.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Frisco, I'm gonna try a different strategy here. I use it on all my California pals.

Those Ribbon tweets are awesome man!!!! Tape those to the gas tank and let it rip.
I would get a class A/B amp for them though.
4 amps on your sled will be fine.
As for the Line out Converter from Frys, they will work perfect. The bass curve is soooooo flat coming out of the HD head unit that u might even consider installing a couple bass boosters.
Yes, use as many of the same exact speakers as u can for your install.
Of course SPL / PA speakers would be the best option for u if u have a very wide range of genres like country to metal.
Put horns in the fuel and volt meter gauges.
Run everything in series, not parallel.
Cable TV / VCR RCAs work great for sled installs.
Fairing pods eliminator brackets suck.
Dynamat sucks even more.
Don't tune ur system with your sled running.
I would also run everything out of phase as it sounds better with the exhaust system.
Car audio and sled audio are one in the same.
Do not do any research on what I am telling u, just do it!!!! Individual thought and open minded discussion is a total waste!!!!!!! Group think really is best out in the west!!!!!
Last but not least, be careful how much u post on this forum as the moderators will invoice u at the end of each quarter based on characters used. 5 cents for each character, 10 cents for capital letters, and a buck for pics.

Good luck w your install bro. It's gonna be awesome!!!!

T.
Lol... Lord I just pee'd a little that's good stuff T.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
Frisco,

I am starting to doubt you even have a Harley. Buddy, you need to get off the hooch. Your post are so far out in left field and you change directions every couple of days. So many people on here have tried to help you. You pay no attention to them and keep coming up with these ****-ah mamy BS stories. Quit insulting the people that have tried to help you. Seriously start looking for some sort of help center and whatever is going on in your world...get some help for it
I'm sorry to been the first one to say something about it. I want be able to help everybody but exactly what you just posted is what made me question what was going on with him. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
-FW

Quick Reply: Any1 try this line level