Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any1 try this line level

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 06:35 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunker
I don't know why you guys continue to try and help, some people just want to find out the hard way... let them.
In the end I'm sure most of us here still want to see him be happy with what he ends up with. I know i was pretty hard headed when i first came in the forum here and paid for it ($), I know i had to have frustrated Gann and Haze a few times through PMs lol.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 02-05-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:10 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Guys the last thing I want to be here is a jerk or a bad guy and if I'm being that somebody please call me out but honestly I think he's messing with us and taking advantage of our desire to help him. First it was every possible combination of 3 amps or 2 amps over and over, then a janky line leveler from Fry's and I just read a post above this one asking about Hertz ribbon tweeters. RIBBON TWEETERS... Can he really be serious with this? I'm really not trying to be mean but some of this stuff, I just don't know how you come up with it unless you were messing with somebody'

Old 02-06-2017, 02:21 AM
Frisco GiantzSneaky Keaks
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ppl so sensitive with those of us asking questions.......
Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
Guys the last thing I want to be here is a jerk or a bad guy and if I'm being that somebody please call me out but honestly I think he's messing with us and taking advantage of our desire to help him. First it was every possible combination of 3 amps or 2 amps over and over, then a janky line leveler from Fry's and I just read a post above this one asking about Hertz ribbon tweeters. RIBBON TWEETERS... Can he really be serious with this? I'm really not trying to be mean but some of this stuff, I just don't know how you come up with it unless you were messing with somebody'

Old 02-06-2017, 03:01 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Frisco GiantzSneaky Keaks
Ppl so sensitive with those of us asking questions.......
nieve is one thing but tje the biggest thing you can't fix is stupid. Especially when your playing with dogs way bigger than you are. I'm going to go far enough to say be productive, make a contribution or be real, or gtfo. I need no Kleenex as I give 2 flying focks about you or your build. I am here to help those who want it. Not those whom think they need it or know they can't do it.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 AM
Frisco GiantzSneaky Keaks
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blahaha

If you only had your throttle twisted as much as u got ur panties in a twist.

ML&R to those who gave or given there suggestions on audio builds, parts, and or experience for venturing into a audio build I was in the blind. I'm sure I'm not the only1 with questions. Advice has always been greatly appreciated.

Demanding a pay out or donation to the forum. I'm sorry you got to be joking, seriously Budd.

Let those who support the forum do it there way on there time should they even be willing to do so. If its written somewhere in/on the forum that it is a must to provide any form of donations please copy and paste.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:24 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

ML&R to those who gave or given there suggestions on audio builds, parts, and or experience for venturing into a audio build I was in the blind. I'm sure I'm not the only1 with questions. Advice has always been greatly appreciated.

Demanding a pay out or donation to the forum. I'm sorry you got to be joking, seriously Budd.

Let those who support the forum do it there way on there time should they even be willing to do so. If its written somewhere in/on the forum that it is a must to provide any form of donations please copy and paste.
Dang man, way out of line and context!
What we're trying to convey to you is that "listening" has its merits here. i personally know many have spent countless time helping you get your system where you wanted it to be.
Now your going out of the way to ask/compare apples to oranges. There's nothing wrong with questions BUT like everything else in life, it has its limitations.
If your wanting to compare cheap crap to what's been thoroughly tested/recommended AND used here, google your answer. Thoroughly research the product your questioning then compare your product in question to a like product recommend here (like the spec difference in LL's). If you THEN see that it's actually comparing apples to apples PLEASE post your results here. Just do the research first, like we do. THIS is the type of "contribution" he was referring to, NOT money.

Not trying to be an *** but what you keep asking is better suited for the salesman at FRY's-Best Buy-etc.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:20 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
In the end I'm sure most of us here still want to see him be happy with what he ends up with. I know i was pretty hard headed when i first came in the forum here and paid for it ($), I know i had to have frustrated Gann and Haze a few times through PMs lol.
Never frustrated Bro! Always happy to help. Just paying it forward for the guys who helped me years ago. Motorcycle audio is a different animal and all the "shops" try to apply "Car" audio philosophy to open air motorcycles. Whole different ballgame! Getting a system to sound good in the open air @ 80 mph vs. a closed cabin. Priceless!

We can't help everybody because some guys refuse to listen or just plain stubborn. One thing I learned over the years is the more stubborn you are., The more it's gonna cost.

The following users liked this post:
CVOJOE (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Frisco, I'm gonna try a different strategy here. I use it on all my California pals.

Those Ribbon tweets are awesome man!!!! Tape those to the gas tank and let it rip.
I would get a class A/B amp for them though.
4 amps on your sled will be fine.
As for the Line out Converter from Frys, they will work perfect. The bass curve is soooooo flat coming out of the HD head unit that u might even consider installing a couple bass boosters.
Yes, use as many of the same exact speakers as u can for your install.
Of course SPL / PA speakers would be the best option for u if u have a very wide range of genres like country to metal.
Put horns in the fuel and volt meter gauges.
Run everything in series, not parallel.
Cable TV / VCR RCAs work great for sled installs.
Fairing pods eliminator brackets suck.
Dynamat sucks even more.
Don't tune ur system with your sled running.
I would also run everything out of phase as it sounds better with the exhaust system.
Car audio and sled audio are one in the same.
Do not do any research on what I am telling u, just do it!!!! Individual thought and open minded discussion is a total waste!!!!!!! Group think really is best out in the west!!!!!
Last but not least, be careful how much u post on this forum as the moderators will invoice u at the end of each quarter based on characters used. 5 cents for each character, 10 cents for capital letters, and a buck for pics.

Good luck w your install bro. It's gonna be awesome!!!!

T.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:08 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Frisco,

I am starting to doubt you even have a Harley. Buddy, you need to get off the hooch. Your post are so far out in left field and you change directions every couple of days. So many people on here have tried to help you. You pay no attention to them and keep coming up with these ****-ah mamy BS stories. Quit insulting the people that have tried to help you. Seriously start looking for some sort of help center and whatever is going on in your world...get some help for it

Old 02-06-2017, 08:18 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Frisco, I'm gonna try a different strategy here. I use it on all my California pals.

Those Ribbon tweets are awesome man!!!! Tape those to the gas tank and let it rip.
I would get a class A/B amp for them though.
4 amps on your sled will be fine.
As for the Line out Converter from Frys, they will work perfect. The bass curve is soooooo flat coming out of the HD head unit that u might even consider installing a couple bass boosters.
Yes, use as many of the same exact speakers as u can for your install.
Of course SPL / PA speakers would be the best option for u if u have a very wide range of genres like country to metal.
Put horns in the fuel and volt meter gauges.
Run everything in series, not parallel.
Cable TV / VCR RCAs work great for sled installs.
Fairing pods eliminator brackets suck.
Dynamat sucks even more.
Don't tune ur system with your sled running.
I would also run everything out of phase as it sounds better with the exhaust system.
Car audio and sled audio are one in the same.
Do not do any research on what I am telling u, just do it!!!! Individual thought and open minded discussion is a total waste!!!!!!! Group think really is best out in the west!!!!!
Last but not least, be careful how much u post on this forum as the moderators will invoice u at the end of each quarter based on characters used. 5 cents for each character, 10 cents for capital letters, and a buck for pics.

Good luck w your install bro. It's gonna be awesome!!!!

T.
Dang it T,
Now I have to clean the coffee off my keyboard......

Pete

Quick Reply: Any1 try this line level