Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liquid Cooled Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts
Default Liquid Cooled Lowers

Any of u guys break the code on speakers for the ultras with liquid lowers.

My bud has the Hog Tunes lowers specifically for those liquid cooled sleds, and when he plays those HT things my eyes water. Have to somehow save him.

Thanks!!!

T

Old 01-28-2017, 07:23 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 229 Likes on 169 Posts

Meeeeeeeeee!!!!

Old 01-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Any of u guys break the code on speakers for the ultras with liquid lowers.

My bud has the Hog Tunes lowers specifically for those liquid cooled sleds, and when he plays those HT things my eyes water. Have to somehow save him.

Thanks!!!

T
Haven't heard of anyone breaking the code, but I'm wondering if the Tempesta Slims would fit. Hard to tell without knowing the dimensions of the HT's and the space they fit in. Time to get the rulers out.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:33 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

I relocated the water bottle that is in the right lower. I made a bracket for it that bolts into the midframe. Sits next to the ABS module which required to have some of the plastic mounting bracket removed. Obviously I took off the rubber lowers and replaced them with color matched 2014 HD Ultra lowers. They "pretty much" go right on...there's some modification of the inside of the speaker pod lower required but the biggest modification necessary is to cut out the side vents that the fans blow air from. This was incredibly nervewracking considering I was working with an already painted part. I think in hindsight, working with unpainted would have been better then send them to paint when done but I got the job done. When I did it, I put the Boom HD speakers in there. All the boom speakers are now out of it and I'm waiting for Haze to get stateside and send me all my goodies.

From here:

To here

Cut here:

Speakers in the lowers of a FLHTK!

Old 01-28-2017, 07:35 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

The code is broken. If I can do it, I promise anyone can do it.

Same deal on the right side. Cutting the exact location of that vent cutout was very stressful..

Last edited by cpbedor; 01-28-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: pic
Old 01-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Hell I'm even thinking the CDT Audio 6EX would be a much better play than the HT. Slim line euro design with fairly respectable specs. Just no damn room in the brake side lower pod so very limited options.

Don't think my bud will get to close to the PA, so trying to get him fairly traditional sounding yet aggressive considering the space limits.

He is installing AWs w BT30 tweets in fairing, anything better than the HT in the lowers and KRC in the TP pods. Lids w Pioneer 6900s on order.

Thanks in advance for any insight!!!!

T.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Damn CP, that's some killer creativity and awesome craftsmanship!!!!!
Not sure if my bud is willing to go that far but will float the idea.

Very cool Brotha!!!!

T

Old 01-28-2017, 07:50 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

Thank you. I guess the real test is gonna come when the CX62s show up and if they will fit. I'm nervous. Ideally they will slide in and no further modifications will be needed. I have some old school MB Quart RWE160s back from my car audio days...I might sample fit that one and get the mounting depth to Haze.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:50 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Haven't heard of anyone breaking the code, but I'm wondering if the Tempesta Slims would fit. Hard to tell without knowing the dimensions of the HT's and the space they fit in. Time to get the rulers out.
They are shallow but have a very wide magnet. Much larger than most traditional coaxial type speakers. Not sure how wide the HT pods are inside.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cpbedor
Thank you. I guess the real test is gonna come when the CX62s show up and if they will fit. I'm nervous. Ideally they will slide in and no further modifications will be needed. I have some old school MB Quart RWE160s back from my car audio days...I might sample fit that one and get the mounting depth to Haze.
Very curious about ur reviews of those AD CX62s!!! Hearing damn good things about them in that location!!!!

Also thinking they dropped right in the lowers but u never know with all these slightly different lowers.

Keep us posted!!!! Good shix Brotha!!!!!

T.

Quick Reply: Liquid Cooled Lowers