Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Stage II speakers keep blowing

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 10:53 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Cross pollinization of Boom amps and aftermarket speakers is a dead end. At best it will be a band aid that sounds like crap due to buying an underperforming speaker in an attempt to accommodate the system requirements.
IMHO, it just a waste of Kwan to play in this sandbox. Save up and go aftermarket amp and Speaks when able.

T

Old 03-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Cross pollinization of Boom amps and aftermarket speakers is a dead end. At best it will be a band aid that sounds like crap due to buying an underperforming speaker in an attempt to accommodate the system requirements.
IMHO, it just a waste of Kwan to play in this sandbox. Save up and go aftermarket amp and Speaks when able.

T
^^^^^^^^

What he said!!!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
I know it is . Just wondering if anyone has tried to interject aftermarket 2 ohm speakers to the set up. Like trying to get a psn4.1000 in a roadglide. It can be done. Just trying to think outside the box. It just kills me that a guy spends a ton of cash on a cvo only to have the crappy sound system fall apart just after the warranty is up. The last thing they want to hear is ditch the whole set up and go aftermarket.
Gypsye -

I'll buy lunch this weekend if you can tell me the specs of the amps and speakers on the BOOM system. I need frequency range, RMS, Sensitivity and power handling capability.

GO!

Old 03-20-2018, 10:10 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Gypsye -

I'll buy lunch this weekend if you can tell me the specs of the amps and speakers on the BOOM system. I need frequency range, RMS, Sensitivity and power handling capability.

GO!
I'm in for a 12 Pack on what G said!!!

Noon should be enuff time to gather the info. Hell, it's just specs right?

T

Old 03-20-2018, 10:36 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I'm in for a 12 Pack on what G said!!!

Noon should be enuff time to gather the info. Hell, it's just specs right?

T
Damn T. Lets call it 12:00 noon Texas time! It's 11:40 Indiana time now. He ain't gonna make it! LOL!!

Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Oh this should be good.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:26 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

And the winning powerball number for Sat. March 2025 is:

The sad part is, I actually tried to find something on the boom system. It is more secret than the presidents tax returns.

Point being, its just a matter of time that the boom systems go bunkers. Either the amps will burn up or the speakers will blow and after the warranty is up, it will be an expensive repair. Even more sad is that HD is using the boom system as a selling point for cvo's. Hell I considered buying a new cvo.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
And the winning powerball number for Sat. March 2025 is:

The sad part is, I actually tried to find something on the boom system. It is more secret than the presidents tax returns.

Point being, its just a matter of time that the boom systems go bunkers. Either the amps will burn up or the speakers will blow and after the warranty is up, it will be an expensive repair. Even more sad is that HD is using the boom system as a selling point for cvo's. Hell I considered buying a new cvo.
Ha! Order it without audio! We were just giving you hell Gypsye! We already knew you would never find the specs. Hence is why it's impossible to add anything aftermarket to the system.Just having a little fun brother. T and I owe you lunch and a 12 pak for looking. But the catch is. You're gonna have to ride to Texas to get it. . . LOL!!

Old 03-20-2018, 01:17 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Ha! Order it without audio! We were just giving you hell Gypsye! We already knew you would never find the specs. Hence is why it's impossible to add anything aftermarket to the system.Just having a little fun brother. T and I owe you lunch and a 12 pak for looking. But the catch is. You're gonna have to ride to Texas to get it. . . LOL!!
I'll just keep the bike I have now with my cheap azz, poor quality aftermarket audio system and have the cvo boom guys laugh at me while I hear it going down the road. I checked my schedule book, penciled you in at 1145 sat. and T in at 250 pm. That should give me plenty of time to get to Texas. I think I will have a better chance of doing that than get specs on the boom system.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:12 PM
StreetGlide18
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by Florida Widows Son
I have a Boom Stage II system in my 2016 RG with 2 HD amps and speakers in fairing and saddle bag lids. Since the install by Harley, I have had to replace 4 speakers at various times due to them blowing out, all under warranty. Harley doesn't seem to make a big deal over it, but as I gat closer to the warranty expiration, I am getting worried. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
I have the same issue, HD just ordered the third (3) right lid speaker in the past 18 months. I have also blown the left lid speaker twice. Total of 5 speakers in the past 18 months. Anyone have suggestions of aftermarket lid speakers that will work with HD installed amp? Do I have to get the head unit retuned? Thanks...

Quick Reply: Boom Stage II speakers keep blowing