Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony xav ax100

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by black01
Can you not just run the park brake wire to ground? I have an Eclipse nav/dvd unit in my truck, and that's how I was told to do it by an Eclipse rep (off the record of course) lol
It's worked on all the Sony's I've ever installed but that doesn't mean it'll work on this one. I'm curious see. Good luck.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:25 AM
egan_gt
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe most radios 2013 and newer require more than just grounding the wire but I could be wrong. I have never done a Sony install so it may just take a simple ground. On the newer Pioneers I have installed you need to have a double ground pulse. I believe some even have a triple pulse ground now. So either you would have to get fancy with some relays or I have always just bought a microbypass off Ebay or Amazon. It is a simple hook up with 3 wires. One to ground, one to remote turn on, and one to the park brake wire. I'll be interested to see how this one works since I plan on buying this set up.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:29 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

You hit the nail on the head. Most of the new ones we have done are a double so we use a switch and a "secret hand shake" lol to fool it. As I said hopefully I will be working on it tonight so I can update all of you further.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

What's the plan for hand controls with this HU?

Thx!!

T

Old 01-04-2017, 10:59 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Currently with the axis hand control module I retained basic functionality. Volume, skip, source. I will be testing a few other hand control modules to see if functionality changes

Old 01-04-2017, 01:14 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
As I said hopefully I will be working on it tonight so I can update all of you further.
Tonight???

you have ALL day
Inquiring minds want to know how this thing works!

Old 01-04-2017, 01:16 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Tonight???

you have ALL day

Impatient we are, yes! (in my best Yoda voice)

Old 01-04-2017, 01:16 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Tonight???

you have ALL day
Bwahaha I know I know lol....I wish I could spend all day on testing but I have installs and customers to help lol....give a man a break lol....I am hurrying geez lol

Old 01-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
Bwahaha I know I know lol....I wish I could spend all day on testing but I have installs and customers to help lol....give a man a break lol....I am hurrying geez lol
Take ur time on this bro. In my honest opinion I don't think the Rushmore 6.5 guys are going to abandon ship unless full functionality of the hand controls are retained, not to mention being waterproof/water resistant to 100m.

There is still a good market for the non-6.5 crowd but just wanted to let u know where I thought the line in the sand was.

T.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:26 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Take ur time on this bro. In my honest opinion I don't think the Rushmore 6.5 guys are going to abandon ship unless full functionality of the hand controls are retained, not to mention being waterproof/water resistant to 100m.

There is still a good market for the non-6.5 crowd but just wanted to let u know where I thought the line in the sand was.

T.
What is your definition of full functionality T? I ask because frankly its been a rather long time since I have had a stock on my bike and I really am asking what features specifically you are asking about lol...

Last edited by BaddAzzBikes; 01-04-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Sony xav ax100