Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pairing sena smh10

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:18 PM
2boxerdogs
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pairing sena smh10

Has anybody been able to successfully pairing a Sena smh10 to a Rushmore street glide special?

Old 11-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Capgains
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It can't be done. The Boom infotainment system isn't capable of BT pairing with anything other than cell phones. It was designed for wired headsets only. Brilliant.... Wired headsets on a modern bike. Someone missed the memo. There are hacks you can do to make it work but they involve opening up the fairing and installing hardware and harnesses to hook into an aftermarket BT transmitter. But it isn't as easy as pairing to the system like it should be. Check out Law Abiding Biker on YouTube he has several videos that explain the situation and suggestions for workarounds.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:41 AM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

I believe there is a solution now from Sena called the freewire. I've been waiting for this also. My dealer has been pushing sen devices. This may complete the circle or get us closer to integration with the boom system than ever before. Check it out here:

http://www.buysena.com/bluetooth-ada...-davidson.html

Old 11-17-2016, 08:16 AM
2boxerdogs
Novice

I find it amazing that a newer bike will only pair with phone ONLY! Thanks for the info.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:59 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I made this "mistake" after buying my 15 RG and I bought 2 Schuberth helmets with the communication kits.
Here is how mine works and I can't seem to fix it to work the way I want.
I can connect my phone to the radio AND the radio to my helmet.
When this happens I can here everything inside my helmet AND the speakers still play. However, as soon as I get a text message OR a call my phone is no longer connected to the radio but still is connected to the helmet. I can talk on the phone at 70mph and have no issues, but when the call is over the radio does not reconnect to the phone and I can only hear inside my helmet.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:54 AM
2boxerdogs
Novice

It's not a big deal not being able to pair with bike radio. Pandora, gps and everything else can be done through my phone. Just have to burn a little data. I was just curious if anybody had be able to do it.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:15 AM
tydaniels
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vision
I believe there is a solution now from Sena called the freewire. I've been waiting for this also. My dealer has been pushing sen devices. This may complete the circle or get us closer to integration with the boom system than ever before. Check it out here:

Thanks for the info guys; I was just trying to connect my sena woth the entertainment system last week. I was thinking surely this can be done; guess not

Old 11-17-2016, 12:46 PM
SenaBluetooth
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vision

That is correct. We have released a product called the FreeWire to allow you to listen to all of the audio and communicate through the Boom! Infotainment System on a Harley-Davidson since that system isn't capable of being paired to a Bluetooth headset.

The following 2 users liked this post by SenaBluetooth:
RKCarl (11-22-2016), Vision (11-18-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

I guess I didn't explain myself well enough when I said there's a solution now. LOL. Thanks Sena Sponsor