Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got speakers need advice on rest

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 12:41 PM
byronk
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Got speakers need advice on rest

Hi all. Adding a Reckless fairing to my 04 Road King. Was able to trade for some Hertz HCX 690's and need to figure out what amp and HU for them. I dont need CD or FM as im only going to be using Iphone/Ipod. Will only be running the 6X9's in fairing have no intentions to upgrade or add any other audio. I have a wake board boat with multiple amps/speakers I did myself so not new to audio just on the bike. Thanks for any input.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by byronk
Hi all. Adding a Reckless fairing to my 04 Road King. Was able to trade for some Hertz HCX 690's and need to figure out what amp and HU for them. I dont need CD or FM as im only going to be using Iphone/Ipod. Will only be running the 6X9's in fairing have no intentions to upgrade or add any other audio. I have a wake board boat with multiple amps/speakers I did myself so not new to audio just on the bike. Thanks for any input.
the sony, kenwood and alpine head units all have strong followers here as to the tuneability features and quality sound output. as far as amps, that would depend on how muck room is in your fairing, unless your willing to sacrifice some saddlebag space for an amp

Old 11-05-2016, 10:31 AM
byronk
Road Captain

Originally Posted by yooperhog
the sony, kenwood and alpine head units all have strong followers here as to the tuneability features and quality sound output. as far as amps, that would depend on how muck room is in your fairing, unless your willing to sacrifice some saddlebag space for an amp
Yeah been looking at the Kenwood KMR-D765BT even though I dont need CD it looks like a nice unit and good price. Im ok puting the amp in one of my saddlebags. Just not sure if id be better off bridging a 4 channel or using a 2 channel amp?

Old 11-05-2016, 03:25 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Yeah been looking at the Kenwood KMR-D765BT even though I dont need CD it looks like a nice unit and good price. Im ok puting the amp in one of my saddlebags. Just not sure if id be better off bridging a 4 channel or using a 2 channel amp?
im sure lots of guys have amped those speaks. they will chime in wit some great recommendations

Old 11-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

the nice thing about a 4 channel is you can bridge it most times to run 2 speakers, may have to turn the gains lower thats not a bad thing
Then if you add another set of speaks,you have a 4 channel amp ready to go after rewire
and a retune

So something in this list maybe

Attached Files
File Type: docx
AMP Specs.docx (14.7 KB, 685 views)
Old 11-06-2016, 09:32 AM
byronk
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
the nice thing about a 4 channel is you can bridge it most times to run 2 speakers, may have to turn the gains lower thats not a bad thing
Then if you add another set of speaks,you have a 4 channel amp ready to go after rewire
and a retune

So something in this list maybe
Thats really good info thanks! Numbers must not be RMS on most those? Im gonna wait till the fairing gets here so I can see what I can fit size wise to try and avoid using saddlebag space.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Thats really good info thanks! Numbers must not be RMS on most those? Im gonna wait till the fairing gets here so I can see what I can fit size wise to try and avoid using saddlebag space.
All Specs are taking form Manufactures web site, they are posted as RMS
Some have been bench tested by a member here. AAWAV https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ch-6-amps.html

Most seem to be true.

If you stay away from the 6 inch Wide amps I think you will be fine.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:10 AM
byronk
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
All Specs are taking form Manufactures web site, they are posted as RMS
Some have been bench tested by a member here. AAWAV https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ch-6-amps.html

Most seem to be true.

If you stay away from the 6 inch Wide amps I think you will be fine.
That SS 4.1000d is alot of amp for the money then. Might have to look at that then if I ever do add to my system i'll be gtg. Thanks again for the great info.