Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:08 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Happy Halloween!

Originally Posted by Bertk
Good. This version has been stable.
Let us know how you make out with the flash.
I made it to the dealer - $44.50 later I have a Fade and it appears they didn't F anything up!

The real treat was from CVOJOE who offered me a sweet deal on an ARC Moto 600.4. Thanks to Bagger Bill- SBD lids & JL 770's, Tesnevo who sold me the JL ZR 650csi's and CVOJOE for the the amp steal. Thanks to all who have offered advice and guidance to a newbie. Great bunch of people.

I believe I still need BT Line Levels and BT speaker mounts for the ZR650's, as well as a wiring kit.

Budget is kinda blown but I got everything I need for a nicer system than I had hoped for originally and I won't need an immediate upgrade, hopefully!

I'm sure Ill be asking for more help as the install happens and I'll post up some pic's.

Attached Thumbnails Amp Help-fade.jpg  
Old 10-31-2016, 10:25 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
I made it to the dealer - $44.50 later I have a Fade and it appears they didn't F anything up!

The real treat was from CVOJOE who offered me a sweet deal on an ARC Moto 600.4. Thanks to Bagger Bill- SBD lids & JL 770's, Tesnevo who sold me the JL ZR 650csi's and CVOJOE for the the amp steal. Thanks to all who have offered advice and guidance to a newbie. Great bunch of people.

I believe I still need BT Line Levels and BT speaker mounts for the ZR650's, as well as a wiring kit.

Budget is kinda blown but I got everything I need for a nicer system than I had hoped for originally and I won't need an immediate upgrade, hopefully!

I'm sure Ill be asking for more help as the install happens and I'll post up some pic's.
I look like everything coming together nicely. You will want to make sure the Speed Volume of turned OFF with the new system installed.

You can either get a wiring kit or put one together yourself. KnuKonceptz makes good products and sells wire in lengths.
8ga power cable, 7" or red and black
8ga battery ring terminals
8ga Inline fuse holder with fuse rated for the 600.4
16ga speaker wire
16ga speaker terminals
2 pair of these RCA Cables.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:44 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

That was a good deal for both of us, I had decided to go a completely different direction with my power supply. Keep us updated with your install

Old 11-01-2016, 12:54 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bertk
I look like everything coming together nicely. You will want to make sure the Speed Volume of turned OFF with the new system installed.

You can either get a wiring kit or put one together yourself. KnuKonceptz makes good products and sells wire in lengths.
8ga power cable, 7" or red and black
8ga battery ring terminals
8ga Inline fuse holder with fuse rated for the 600.4
16ga speaker wire
16ga speaker terminals
2 pair of these RCA Cables.
Do I just wire the amp ground to the negative battery terminal?

Arc owners manual suggests 4 gauge power and ground is that overkill? You reference 8 gauge.

Manual says amp will take up to 14 AWG speaker wire. Am I okay with 16 or is bigger always better?

Is there a suggested type of quick connect I could splice in the speakers lids wires to facilitate bag removal? Picturing the splice / connector under the seat out of the weather...

Old 11-01-2016, 01:39 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Do I just wire the amp ground to the negative battery terminal?

Arc owners manual suggests 4 gauge power and ground is that overkill? You reference 8 gauge.

Manual says amp will take up to 14 AWG speaker wire. Am I okay with 16 or is bigger always better?

Is there a suggested type of quick connect I could splice in the speakers lids wires to facilitate bag removal? Picturing the splice / connector under the seat out of the weather...
Arc somewhat generically cut and pasted portions of that manual. 8 Gauge is all that will fit in the moto and 16g wire is plenty for the power range. Gm weatherpack connectors work great for the lids. Amp ground direct to battery neg is the correct way, or to the battery ground stud on motor. Much easier to get to battery connection. Also need a inline 50 Amp fuse for the power.

The following users liked this post:
No U Glider (11-08-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 11:31 AM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

Need a little guidance... The Arc Tech is telling me no need for line levelers.. just need a wiring kit and another wiring kit to adapt to 4 speakers and everything will be plug and play. I ordered RCA cables and he tells me I don't need them. With the limited knowledge I have, plug and play is appealing but I want the max out of what I have bought. Speaker and power connections to the amp seem pretty straight forward, but I'm unclear how I get signal from the head unit to the amp and what is involved in installing the Line Levelers. I have the Arc plug in that adapts to the input and allows cable RCA plug-in.
Thanks again for your help...

Last edited by No U Glider; 11-11-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:46 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Need a little guidance... The Arc Tech is telling me no need for line levelers.. just need a wiring kit and another wiring kit to adapt to 4 speakers and everything will be plug and play. I ordered RCA cables and he tells me I don't need them. With the limited knowledge I have, plug and play is appealing but I want the max out of what I have bought. Speaker and power connections to the amp seem pretty straight forward, but I'm unclear how I get signal from the head unit to the amp and what is involved in installing the Line Levelers. I have the Arc plug in that adapts to the input and allows cable RCA plug-in.
Thanks again for your help...
There are two ways to do this.

1. you can get the Arc 2014+ HD Adapter harness, which will plug into the the HD speaker wires and those will plug into the input wiring harness that came with the amp. The amp input wiring harness has some inline resistors that lower the voltage eliminating the need for line levelers.

2. Buy the BT line levelers that have the 2014 + speaker connections for the input and RCA connectors for the output. Use a set of RCA connectors from the BT line levelers to the Arc Input harness that has the RCA connectors

The following users liked this post:
No U Glider (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 12:54 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

Would you advise to use the BT line levelers? Is there another piece needed to move to a 4 speaker system on a Street Glide Special?

Last edited by No U Glider; 11-11-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:21 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Would you advise to use the BT line levelers? Is there another piece needed to move to a 4 speaker system on a Street Glide Special?
Some of the guru's can better help you with whats better for SQ.

I have attached a pic of the ARC input hookup wiring. you can add a set of RCA splitters to hit channels 1-2 and 3-4 or you can tie the front and rear speaker input wires together to hit channels 1-2 and 3-4

Attached Thumbnails Amp Help-arc-hookup.jpg