Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 11:23 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts
Default What would you like to see?

We are loving being apart of this forum first and for most. I would like to ask you all a question. I know that a lot of the guys here range from basic systems to extreme....We would love to be able to offer more of the components all of you are looking for with your builds. The major question I have to ask is would yall be willing to spend a bit more on some of the items we don't carry to get them from a forum sponsor? I know that sounds crazy asking you to pay more when you could get it cheaper some where else. The issue we are facing being a small business is that a lot of the mid grade to beginner brands get sold so cheap from big box stores like amazon and such we just simply cant carry them with out having to charge more than what you could pay at other places. The unfortunately reality is that we are a business and in order to keep the lights on we have to still make some kind of profit after paying the over head. I have noticed that a lot of guys on this forum are very loyal to reputable forum sponsors....which is just plain amazing!!!!! Big shout out to my bro Tailwind for still buying a set of speaks the other day from me after letting me know he could get them cheaper somewhere else!!!!! That means so much more than I think he will ever know!!!! That is also the inspiration for this post. I am not talking about a ridiculous mark up or price gouge by any means just so that's clear....I will always strive to give you all the best price I possibly can on anything that is purchased from this shop!!!! I would love nothing more than to be able to be the sponsor that you guys come to for advice and great prices on any audio or Harley product you would need!!!!! That is the basis for me asking. How do yall feel about this subject. No right or wrong answers and I am most definitely open to any and all criticism or suggestions.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:46 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,230 Likes on 626 Posts

I know I'm not the guy you are probably focusing on,as I'm not one of the audio guru's on this forum,but this is where I go to gain knowledge in the audio world & have learned a little & love great sounding music.Just my opinion,as we all have different finances to deal with,but lot of folks who don't even know this "audio forum" exist would obviously like better sound than what we're dealt by HD.I would look at 3 different tiers of systems to offer.Basic,middle,& upper tier audio system packages.There would be something for everbody.

Maybe I should've listed that as Good,Better,& Best.

Last edited by piper59; 10-28-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:25 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Any advice is good advice my friend. The only issue with your suggestion is the price point on the mid to beginner line products. As I stated unfortunately I can not compete with the big box stores on some of this stuff because of sheer logistics but I am most definitely trying to get there. Thank you for you suggestion.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:48 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
Any advice is good advice my friend. The only issue with your suggestion is the price point on the mid to beginner line products. As I stated unfortunately I can not compete with the big box stores on some of this stuff because of sheer logistics but I am most definitely trying to get there. Thank you for you suggestion.

i think many people don't realise what you guys can put together in a $500-$600 budget. It's not always better to get the cheaper components from the box stores, especially when they can't compare to you guys in customer service.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:05 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

if your prices are even somewhat close to the big box store, i would think people would jump at the chance to order package deals. everything you put together in package for me... amp tray, handlebar harness, and hu adapter came in one package, one price and one delivery. nicely done!!! and the fact you stand behind what you sell!!!
In a world where some would sell out their mother for a profit, its good to see a small company dig their heels in the dirt, ask the customers what they want, and do their damndest to see them satisfied
this country needs more good ole fashion folk like BAB

The following users liked this post:
BaddAzzBikes (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 03:15 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

I definitely appreciate all the kind words....please keep the suggestions flowing!!!!!

Old 10-28-2016, 03:38 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

I definitely appreciate all the kind words....please keep the suggestions flowing!!!!!
well. i wanna go out on a limb here and say ALOT of people just want louder,clear music. To listen to music on the hiway. When i joined this forum, it was suggested to me to go with kappas and a cerwin vega as i already had a hu. great package to start. and most would go no further.
something similar to that would be a "budget package". include an amp wiring harness, inline fuze, some RCA cables, line-out converers and simple instructions..
everything in one box. followed by great customer support, you will have a winner
continue up the line with higher end speaks n amps proven to be good combo's

Old 10-28-2016, 03:46 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by yooperhog
well. i wanna go out on a limb here and say ALOT of people just want louder,clear music. To listen to music on the hiway. When i joined this forum, it was suggested to me to go with kappas and a cerwin vega as i already had a hu. great package to start. and most would go no further.
something similar to that would be a "budget package". include an amp wiring harness, inline fuze, some RCA cables, line-out converers and simple instructions..
everything in one box. followed by great customer support, you will have a winner
continue up the line with higher end speaks n amps proven to be good combo's
So if I am picking up what you putting down.....

something like

Hertz ecx 165 (coaxial speakers)
Small Kenwood 600 w amp bridge able to 150x2
Amp wiring kit complete with power, ground, rcas, t tap for remote
and line out kit
starting roughly 450.00 depending on year model and such would be something you think is what people are wanting?

Last edited by BaddAzzBikes; 10-28-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:50 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

So if I am picking up what you putting down.....

something like

Hertz ecx 165 (coaxial speakers)
Small Kenwood 600 w amp bridge able to 75x2 at 4ohm
Amp wiring kit complete with power, ground, rcas, t tap for remote
and line out kit
starting roughly 450.00 depending on year model and such would be something you think is what people are wanting?
now your smellin what im steppin in!!! but is that a proven set-up at hiway speed?

Old 10-28-2016, 03:53 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

We have done it quite a bit and yes sir you definitely can here it a highway speed. I will be honest it would most definitely sound better with a replacement head unit(as would just about any setup) lol. However it will get the job done for sure.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see?