Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 08:32 AM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

I will do an upgrade on my new(er) bike next year. For my old one I read and read threads, did research etc for a while before pulling the trigger. The sound was much better than stock but not sure is was the best I could do for the money I spent. Honestly this time around I do not look forward to all the reading and research . I would be very interested in going to one source for a "pre-configured" system of matched components. I would be willing to pay more for this value added service.

I am 100% sure with a bigger budget and the help of the very knowledgeable folks here I put put together a mind blowing system. However I am not out to win an audio contest. I am just a very busy guy who wants his bike to sound better.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:11 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

I think it would be an awesome idea to have stage packages. If you have to charge a bit more im sure people would do it in a heart beat to get it all in one place. I was a little timid the first time I set mine up on my own but having everything come in one box ready to go and this forum for instructions and advice should make it pretty easy

Old 10-29-2016, 11:20 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

I personally think there are too many variables to have "stages" of packages. Is it 2 or 6 speakers, what about speakers inside the bags, 1 or 2 amps, etc. the combinations are limitless and that makes it kinda tough. The guys that have those packages are places like JM. So when you go to a vendor and you buy a package based on your budget then your at the mercy and risk of what that vendor stocks....so you have to pick the right place for products and advice. So what happens is some get a great "package", others spend too much at JM, and some spend weeks reading this forum a piece it together.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:20 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
I think it would be an awesome idea to have stage packages. If you have to charge a bit more im sure people would do it in a heart beat to get it all in one place. I was a little timid the first time I set mine up on my own but having everything come in one box ready to go and this forum for instructions and advice should make it pretty easy
i started with a police electraglide, not so much as a radio plug under the fairing, hell i didnt even know if my system was gonna power up when i flipped the swich. not for the faint of heart... but adding handlebar controls and the 23 pin connector for the stock style hu and the standard aftermarket converters can be done too with some patience. a "package" would have been awesome at the time for me. a very respected member of this forum suggested an amp/speaker combo for me to start with. i went with it and am still playin the hell out of it

Last edited by yooperhog; 10-29-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:35 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
I personally think there are too many variables to have "stages" of packages. Is it 2 or 6 speakers, what about speakers inside the bags, 1 or 2 amps, etc. the combinations are limitless and that makes it kinda tough. The guys that have those packages are places like JM. So when you go to a vendor and you buy a package based on your budget then your at the mercy and risk of what that vendor stocks....so you have to pick the right place for products and advice. So what happens is some get a great "package", others spend too much at JM, and some spend weeks reading this forum a piece it together.
damn you for putting it all in perspective lol

Old 10-29-2016, 11:45 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

damn you for putting it all in perspective lol
guess i wasnt intending for these to be specific packages, more as a vendor that will combine proven products and accessories that they will stand behind and offer as a "package" as opposed to us chasing around the infinate number of big box stores and unliscenced web vendors. if that makes sense

Old 10-29-2016, 12:01 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member

I think what it all boils down to is we have an awesome vendor here who wants to stay around to help us out they want to offer us more products but don't want to have higher prices and cause people to go elsewhere I think people will pay more for peace of mind and good customer service

Old 10-30-2016, 02:23 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

I think what it all boils down to is we have an awesome vendor here who wants to stay around to help us out they want to offer us more products but don't want to have higher prices and cause people to go elsewhere I think people will pay more for peace of mind and good customer service
That is exactly why I made this thread. I wanted to get an idea and recommendations of what products people would like us to stock and in some cases if we would have to charge more for those products would members be ok with that? I don't want to gouge anybody on price. I agree with haze that the variables are too much to just have a pretty done package for everyone but the intent is to have the products that people want so I can build a package for them based on their budget and individual needs.

Old 10-30-2016, 02:44 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by baddazzbikes
that is exactly why i made this thread. I wanted to get an idea and recommendations of what products people would like us to stock and in some cases if we would have to charge more for those products would members be ok with that? I don't want to gouge anybody on price. I agree with haze that the variables are too much to just have a pretty done package for everyone but the intent is to have the products that people want so i can build a package for them based on their budget and individual needs.
👍👍👍👍👍👍🤓
lots of riders would be more than pleased with 4 kappas, a decent amp with money left over to swap head units. the guys chasing the unicorn, bless them all cuz they are the best info suppliers on the planet, will never purchase a bundle, and thats great too. i guess i was lookin for something that would appeal to the masses. the more units u can buy and sell, the better

Last edited by yooperhog; 10-30-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:51 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

These shops are just not gonna carry kappas or pioneer pros or similar simply because u can get them shipped to ur house on Amazon for damn near the same cost of a dealer getting their hands on them.

T

Quick Reply: What would you like to see?