Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise; Road King fairing w/Quad 6.5 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:31 PM
Toye
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
What kinda budget are we looking at just for the audio setup and is keeping FM a priority?
And do you already have a HU in mind?
FM is not a priority.
HU, no CD

Old 10-25-2016, 10:33 PM
Toye
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SBates08
What kinda budget are we looking at just for the audio setup and is keeping FM a priority?
And do you already have a HU in mind?
Originally Posted by Tailwind
If I had 4 holes to fill in the fairing I would not fill all 4 with the same speak. I would seek out complimenting sets that would excel at specific freqs. Maybe a killer mid to high set that screams and a complimenting set that adds the warmth.

Just my .02 cents.

T.
What 6.5 would compliment the Hertz?
Is there a 6.5 Sub?

Old 10-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Toye
What 6.5 would compliment the Hertz?
Is there a 6.5 Sub?
Man, the options are endless with 6.5s that would be good when paired in the fairing. U really need to hit a few shops and mainly bike nights and get your ears leading the way on this.

Hell, Focal and Hertz are good for my ears when paired. Could be Focal and JL? It really does depend on ur ears but I do think finding a speak set that is known for kick **** loud and clear qualities paired with a balanced warm set is what my ears would do. Cover the bases: lows mids and highs.

Hell again, get a fairing with a 6x9 hole in it and drop a set of Pioneer Pros in there as that sob is damn good at lows mids and highs!!!

Let the unicorn hunt begin!!!!!

But I would not put a sub in the fairing aka front stage.

T.

The following users liked this post:
Toye (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Toye
Intermediate

I hear you Tailwind. Tried the shop thing and that was a waste of time. Most of these shops now a dayz carry crap! That's why I'm here. You option......... valued.
Pissed off thinking about how much time I wasted driving around to here crap.

No Focal, Hertz not even Pioneer Pro.

Last edited by Toye; 10-25-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

I hear you Tailwind. Tried the shop thing and that was a waste of time. Most of these shops now a dayz carry crap! That's why I'm here. You option......... valued.
Let's see what some of the gurus have to say.

This is the very unique part about sled audio cause if this was a cage u could drop 4 of the same 6.5s in and kill it all day.

Scrap the MPK thought for now and see where this conversation goes. The reason I say that is because to me the MPK were a good well rounded speak but did not excel at highs mids or lows. Jack of all trades, master of none per se. Total off the wall example and not making this recommendation but the JL C5 is a damn good sq and warm speak and paired with a BT 7.1 or HAT that r bright as hell would probably do damn good together. Good thump below 60 mph and loud and clear at 60+. Just an example though.
I'm running some Pro Audio shix up front and JL880s 2 feet from the back of my head and that shix just works for my ears. Highs and mids with the PAs and mids and lows with the 880s.

Fun challenge Brotha!!!! Take ur time and make this a 1 and done!!!

T.

Toye (10-25-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 01:28 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

I am with Bates on the fairing. If your dead set on that rather thab wait for a Reckless fairing then in all honesty I would run 2 sets of arc 602. A single pair at 140 is limited but 2 pairs at 140 would have some decent low end and be plenty loud to hear. Really the options are endless yet limited with a 6.5" speaker. Same downside to a 6x9. Have some low but at hwy a 6x9 in front of you isn't the best sound dispersion. This right here is maybe a prime time plan for the new biketronics amp. Run the 602 in series and have 360 watts per pair. They will do very well. Going to cost but I think that may be a killer matchup.

Toye (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Totally agree w Bates and Slye regarding the fairing as u indicated this was not ur first choice and are not in a patient place where u can wait for your perfect fairing to become available.
As Ricky Bobby always said, second place is the first loser!!!!! Wait for your first place fairing!!!!

If ur pregnant with the 4 holer, I'm holding firm regarding the fact that I don't think I would run 4 of the same speaks out of that fairing. But I do like my setup to be as dynamic as possible as my genre range is extreme.

T.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Toye
Intermediate

This is where I'm at now.

Got these off of a local who apparently didn't know what he had. (ie. the price)
So my brother says I stole these I didn't buy them.

Attached Thumbnails Advise; Road King fairing w/Quad 6.5 speakers-00505_cxgxe5vw58y_600x450.jpg   Advise; Road King fairing w/Quad 6.5 speakers-00u0u_4h1ddm63wji_600x450.jpg  
Old 10-26-2016, 10:15 AM
Toye
Intermediate

Also came across this in the works.
Thoughts???

Still need a HU.

Attached Thumbnails Advise; Road King fairing w/Quad 6.5 speakers-11150595.jpg   Advise; Road King fairing w/Quad 6.5 speakers-10563024.jpg  
Old 10-26-2016, 04:44 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Also came across this in the works.
Thoughts???

Still need a HU.
Fairing factory is decent stuff. That would fit the bill. Looks better quality, and a double din to boot. With the speakers side by side as they are you will be fine with the Hertz you bought. If things were spaced apart you would benefit from different speakers as T had mentioned, but I personally feel with them so close to one another you will do best with matched pairs.

Toye (10-26-2016)

Quick Reply: Advise; Road King fairing w/Quad 6.5 speakers